Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1576

An ever so amazing collection, a joy to see these all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1577

Fresh Boarder
<p>Hi,</p>
<p>I'm new to the group and was hoping that someone on here could give me some information on a plastic friction powered car I have please?</p>
<p>It's a Vauxhall Victor FB Estate Ambulance:</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Katrina.</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by bromfieldhall.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1578

Platinum Boarder
Hi Bromfieldhall , this model was made by NFIC in the mid 1960's & was probably still on sale in the early 1970's , later ones came in boxes re-branded Clifford Toys . The friction motor should have either a cardboard or metal "speaker" which makes a siren noise when the car is pushed along.
Someone has over painted the lights & chrome Victor script etc.
If you look in the previous pages of this topic I recently showed my Fire Chief one I also have a mint boxed civilian model.
Rollerman may know more information on this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bromfieldhall

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1579

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to Planet Diecast from BC Canada and I hope Andy 66 has answered your question.
Tell us a bit about yourself and what you like to collect. Where are you from (country) as we are from all over the planet here.
Hope you come back and that you enjoy our forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bromfieldhall

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1580

Fresh Boarder
<p>Thank you for your help. It seems to have the same inner workings as your Fire Chief model but there doesn't seem to be much of a siren - just the sound of the friction motor - or is that it? We mainly collect anything Vauxhall related but we're going through our collection to sell some bits and pieces off and this was one of the items we were debating whether to sell or not but I can't seem to find anything about it online. We mainly have die cast and slot cars, so this is way out of our comfort zone so to speak. I'm glad I've found this forum though, there's some interesting things on here.</p>
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by bromfieldhall.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1581

Platinum Boarder
When they have this it makes a different sound to a normal friction motor it is a kind of wailing noise like an American siren.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1582

Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1583

Platinum Boarder
I thought the bonnet mounted siren looked off.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1584

Platinum Boarder
I may be wrong but I believe it to be genuine as the Fire Chief one I have had a hole in the bonnet same position & I wondered if someone had drilled it so made a decal up & stuck it over it.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1585

Platinum Boarder
Just had a look and you certainly did!

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1586

Platinum Boarder
I am going to post pictures one by one as that is all will process, This is a wire battery Jaguar MK 10 I have not seen one before.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1587

Platinum Boarder
<p>Really sorry all I have got the hump with posting pictures that's me done for now, had trouble again. Really fed up</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1588

Platinum Boarder
Nice looking Jaguar but it could have had a better color for the interior. Did they not make many of these wired battery versions? There must have been at least an on/off switch or steering controls? No?

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1589

That is a nice one. The box indicates no steering. The hand held device has two buttons I think. Go and Reverse?

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 7 months ago #1590

<p>[quote="Andy66" post=398498]</p>
<p>Really sorry all I have got the hump with posting pictures that's me done for now, had trouble again. Really fed up</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12.16px;">Andy, I just uploaded a photo in the guessing game topic without a problem. Perhaps a Cookie issue on your PC?</span></p>