Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #1546

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks, I am always on the look out for anything to do with these toys. As with this Clifford Refuse wagon or Dust cart as we know them, I already have two with faults, this one i got today was boxed & had a dust bin minus a lid , I have now made up a complete faultless, boxed one minus a dust bin lid

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #1547

Platinum Boarder
<p>I would appreciate Rollermans knowledge with my second find, it is a model which rarely comes up for sale , there are two types of this model &amp; I personally think this is the better one, it is the Amphibious car in the rarer blue &amp; white it has a T &amp; no. 367 on the makers name I do not know who this is. It is near mint but someone has glued the front seats into it so as you can not put the batteries in to see if it works. iI have read that it is a copy of the Schuco one , the other model was used as a fire tender in the Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds .
</p>
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #1548

Platinum Boarder
Nice find Andy especially getting the blue version.

'T' in a circle are Tai Hing Toys originating during the early 1940's as a metal engineering company but of course like so many they diversified into plastic injection. Their output is quite large and on occasion have had to copy somebody else's toys and the Amphibious car is a copy of a Schuco toy. Their best years were through the 1960's with all sorts of friction powered vehicles including many boats and planes. They even make a space Shuttle toy and were still active in the toy industry during the late 1980's.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #1549

Platinum Boarder
Great to find one of these still in box Andy. Yes I do remember Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds and it took a little time to drag this wonder car out of my gray matter. Schuco One to the rescue.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #1550

Platinum Boarder
Great finds and it still amazes me that they are out there being so old and fragile. I love the preserver ring on the back of the car and the underside looks brand new. Do they glue them together or are they a snap together toy from the factory. In other words, do you think you can get the seat off with out damaging the car so you can try the batteries?
Your Refuse truck is great too. You have both stands for the garbage men to stand on from stop to stop. That was back in the day when two men were on the rear and a driver up front. They could do both sides of a street or road at the same time. Here we have only one driver and he has to stop and get out for each house and only does one side of the street at a time. It is also right hand drive which is not in a lot of North American cars. I will also note that it is the same, but for scale, as the Dinky toys version.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #1551

a beautiful and special floating car!

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #1552

Platinum Boarder
Thank you all for your interests in these , thank you Rollerman for your information on the Amphibious car, it is a great model, the white base is glued to the upper blue body, no screws in this due to it being able to float , these models do not come up for sale that often so i was pleased to get it, I will see if i can get the seat un-glued but i will not risk damaging it.
The TK Bedford is another nice addition to my collection & is an exact though larger scale copy of the Dinky Toy.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #1553

Platinum Boarder
Just to help you understand a bit more about T in a circle (Tai Hing Toys) you may have bumped into them before as they do help some of the other brands that we all like as shown here.

Rollerman.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #1554

Platinum Boarder
I have not seen this over the Telsalda logo , i will keep a look out , i know i have a Police Motor bike which has BPP over the logo on the box.
This model Cadillac , is made in GT Britain but no maker name , possibly Mettoy or Marx? it has a tin base & heavy friction motor.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #1555

Platinum Boarder
Here is a larger right side up of the Made in Great Britain stamp
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 4 weeks ago #1556

Platinum Boarder
I got another MG Roadster this time in red, it has the original boot rack on it, I added the figures from an Austin 1100 1100 learner car I have as spares. It is a shame that the drivers door has had it's door glued shut I will therefore put the rack on my cream one .
I will also make a new windscreen, I will do this when I feel more like doing things again, back at work now & the world just isn't the same anymore , takes it out of you.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 4 weeks ago #1557

Platinum Boarder
Nice find but too bad about the driver's door. I wonder if you could use a fine pointed too or maybe a thin knife to slowly and carefully cut the glue line I see on that door. It might be an old glue job and be brittle. Might be worth a bit of time to try.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 4 weeks ago #1558

Platinum Boarder
Looks like you need a steering wheel for the red car too.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 4 weeks ago #1559

Or some hot water in the seams between the door and the body to see if the glue dissolves

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 2 weeks ago #1560

Platinum Boarder
I got this probably 1980's Mercedes Taxi , it is a smaller scale I have not seen this before so I now have one.