Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1531

Platinum Boarder
Yes Keesie this was a copy of the Corgi airborne.
With regards the bumper on the Volovo, i have been using Blutack for a while as it comes off easy when I find an original.
This next one is a NFIC Vauxhal Victor fire chief, I have a boxed civilian one which has an interior, the reason for the blue windows in this is to hide the siren mechanics which works off the friction motor, it takes up a lot of room so no interior, this is the first I have seen of this version.

upload pics
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1532

Platinum Boarder
I thought about the livery on the Thames van, Fruit & Veg, Joe Blog's Builders but i had an idea which other manufactures did at the time & this is my tribute to a fantastic manufacture who has kept me busy collecting & searching for many years.
I hope you all like it , it is a one off.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1533

Platinum Boarder
Of course Telsalda signage is the best idea when on display. What are you plans for the rear windows on the doors Andy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1534

Platinum Boarder
What a brilliant idea Andy and rather surprising they did not think of that themselves (dont think I have a picture of one made by them!) and will be a great talking point within your collection when friends come round to see it.

Rollerman.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1535

Platinum Boarder
Great idea and of course it is correct and appropriate. Nice work.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1536

superb! Mr. Telsada did it again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1537

Platinum Boarder
Thank you all for your positive comments on this model, on Sunday I was a bit lazy & was being pressured into getting a barbecue started, so I took a chance , that could be righted on the rear door windows, I posted pictures to a friend who commented back that the van looked great but the rear windows were not my usual work, therefore this morning I stitch drilled them out & cleaned them up with a modellers knife & small file , I then added rear lights & hinges & added the door sliding window markings in. I took the van to bits again & glazed the rear windows so all back together now & for now that's it.

bp diesel locations

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1538

Platinum Boarder
Now it looks great with the rear doors done. If you have any Clear floor wax, non yellowing like Future, you could dip or spray the front windscreen with it to get rid of those scratches. Puts a shine on the glazing also. Just a thought.
Another great recovery on this van.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1539

Platinum Boarder
Shame is the windows are not scratched they are simply marks which I could have polished when i had the base off , when taking photo's close up every fault shows, I have also finished of the edge of the Thames badge on front in silver.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1540

Platinum Boarder
Yes, Digital Cameras see better than the human eye. As long as your happy with the results it is fine. I think the model does a great job of representing the Telsalda line. Adding the silver detail is a nice touch too.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1541

Platinum Boarder
Thank you Andy for finalizing the rear windows and looks fantastic indeed.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 5 months ago #1542

looking great!

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1543

Platinum Boarder
For those of you who have watched this topic, many years ago I got this Clifford Thames Ice Cream van but the "head" advertisement was missing so I made one , years later & i finally get an original to replace it, I will keep the one I made as a reminder.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1544

Platinum Boarder
Excellent find and where on earth did you find it. It must be a very very hard part to find. I would keep the one you made also. Nice keep sake and did the job for years it would seem Very nice to see and thanks for sharing.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1545

Platinum Boarder
Well done Andy, and goes to show us all, jus to have a bit of patience and eventually you will win.