Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1516

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Keesie that is a good lesson.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1517

Beautiful VW vans. Are you going to leave the figurines unpainted?

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1518

Platinum Boarder
Great vans and great play value. I am surprised that you found one in such great original condition. Even the box is pretty decent. Both those large VW vans look in great condition.
Also, like Theo, are you going to paint the figures and table or just leave them as an original set?

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1519

Platinum Boarder
It is a very nice find , as it is all original it would not be right to paint the figures having the painted set is great as back in the day , dad's would paint things for their children to make them look real.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1520

Platinum Boarder
I agree there is more collector value in leaving them as close to original as possible.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 2 weeks ago #1521

Platinum Boarder
I have had this TAT Volvo P1800 for a few years now & I don't know why I never made a rear bumper for it so i have done so now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 2 weeks ago #1522

Platinum Boarder
Perfect. Well done.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 2 weeks ago #1523

Platinum Boarder
Looks good Andy.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months, 2 weeks ago #1524

Platinum Boarder
<p>Wow ! These Commer and Kombi are great.</p>

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months ago #1525

Platinum Boarder
This Thames Airborne was stripped to repair my Police Prisoner van a few years ago , it has been on my thoughts to do some thing with it so it survives, so it has been on my mind to make panel 400E van up , if I was more adventurous I would have made the rear doors opening but here it is & this is a nice size to have a model in, I did convert a Corgi one some time back, I decided to keep the colour light blue.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months ago #1526

Platinum Boarder
Excellent step by step of this recovery conversion of your Thames Airborne van into a spectacular panel van. I also like the way you were able to fill in those areas by the inside support structure that held your filler in place. Cheers.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months ago #1527

Platinum Boarder
I am thinking of doing some livery to the panels as looking at the pictures it looks like the windows still show where as out of camera you cannot see it so much.
I am pleased I have converted it as these vans & Transits are in my heart.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months ago #1528

Platinum Boarder
Trade names would look great.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 4 months ago #1529

Platinum Boarder
Very nicely done and great work on the filler. Ovaltine comes to mind with that color or add some dark blue on the roof and go with Capstan Cigarettes.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 months, 4 weeks ago #1530

Platinum Boarder
<p>Very good Andy. Somehow I keep missing or skipping your thread about these......</p>
<p>If I would not know, I would have said the final result of the caravan is a Corgi!</p>
<p>I like to come back to the bumper you did on the Volvo. Can you tell us how you made it?</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim