Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1486

Platinum Boarder
Just spent ages loading pictures & they went!
Annoying as I wrote quite a bit too, I will write this the put pictures on separate.
I bought a load of spares this week, what caught my eye was the TAT caravan minus it's door, so I made one.
Also a small Mini made in Hong Kong , a Politoys Austin A40 ,an Ok Toys E-Type Roadster , another E-Type plastic motorised kit version, some cases & wheels, some other parts not pictured.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1487

Platinum Boarder

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1488

Platinum Boarder

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1489

Platinum Boarder
Looks like you have added some more plastic vehicles. The Austin A/40 built up rest while the Mini has the plastic rest for the inertia seating. Which one would be the oldest the Politoys or the made in Hong Kong.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1490

Platinum Boarder
The first inside photo of the Austin A40 suspension looks like it is a home made set up to replace maybe the original broken suspension. The Mini suspension looks in good order and also looks like something a toy factory would build. For all I know about these toys they both could be original in which case I would say the Politoys Austin A40 is older.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1491

Platinum Boarder
I agree both with the home made suspension & that the A40 is the older one of the two.
Nice little package that I bought very pleased with it especially the caravan.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1492

Platinum Boarder
The caravan looks good and with the new door it looks much better. I like the way you did the door with the lines and gluing on the hinges as you did. Very complete now.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1493

Platinum Boarder
I don't know why I did the lines on it I copied one I made before,the dinky one is smooth & has a handle on it.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 2 weeks ago #1494

Platinum Boarder
The Politoys A40 comes from 1960 and the fine red E Type Jaguar comes from the mid 1960's and marketed by Scalecraft.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim, Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1495

Platinum Boarder
I got a smaller Corgi toy copy of the Mk 3 ford Cortina Police car, it was in a mess & I need to sort the front windscreen pillars out but after a bleach & clean & repairs to bumpers it looks a bit more presentable.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1496

Platinum Boarder
Another good toy added to your collection. You mentioned that you wanted to sort the 'A' pillars at the front screen. What are you plans for that now? It would look much better if you did something with them.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1497

Platinum Boarder
Can you get a piece of paper under and out the other side of each pillar? That way you may not have to take the toy apart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1498

or plastic coffee spoons as an A-pillar perhaps

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1499

Platinum Boarder
<p>Andy, when will your vast plastic model cars museum open its doors?</p>
<p>Might be worth a trip.</p>

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 1 month, 1 week ago #1500

Platinum Boarder
The shame is, someone has made a hash out of making them they have stuck them to the glazing , it is an easy fix but I will have to work out how to get them of the glazing.

I would love to have a museum, it would be of all types of toy cars etc but I think that sadly it has always been & always will be a dream , my collection has out grown our house now , I am making space to put things in storage.