Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK

Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hi,

As a hobby I make a range of replacement parts for these 1950s/60s 1/18th scale british plastic battery operated models.  I also know them inside out so if I can help let me know. I hope to make some parts for the Triang 1/20th models next year

Regards

Al
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the site from BC Canada. NIce to have another model parts producer here. I have never heard of Victory Industries but then I am in the Colonies so......

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #3

Welcome aboard... I had a boxed Morris Minor from Victory.. sold it on E-bay.. I was surprised how much it fetched.... These are real collectable items.....

Niall

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Warm Welcome to the site. The window units for some Victory Models seem to be a problem do you reproduce them ?

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Welcome from Basingstoke in the UK, Guilford is about 45 mins drive from me. You show us what you do.

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #6

Fresh Boarder
Hi there and welcome from Devon, if you email me on

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it I can send you a list. For some reason I cannot copy and paste to here as am using Firefox.

There was a small article on my Victory parts in the May 2013 issue of Model Collector. I make bumpers, door handles, windscreens for all the cars, sports and saloons. Tonneau covers, steering wheels and lots of other bits too

Regards

Al

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #7

Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Yes I make many parts for these models and also window sets for the MG TF and TR2/3 sports cars plus all the saloons.

If you email me on This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it I can send you a list

Thanks

Al

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #8

Al

While you are on ...can you post some photo's of the Victory toys.. these are special and rarely seen outside of the UK..I'm sure some of the members on here would like to see what they look like...

Niall

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #9

Fresh Boarder
Yes the Morris Minor is a popular model. Price generally depends on which variant as Victory made several also which colour, is it boxed and when you sell it. Sometimes condition does'nt seem to make a lot of difference though!

I recently had an order for six sets of bumpers from a Minor enthusiast!!

Regards

Al

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #10

Fresh Boarder
Here is a photo of a 1953 Vauxhall Velox made of plastic, battery operated with turnable front wheels about 9 ins long. This is the second type which was made in red, white, light grey, light blue, mid grey, dark blue or black. The batteries were kept underneath in a compartment with a removeable cover and switch on the side. Both types are quite common on Ebay, the earlier one is not so detailed though.

Al

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #11

Fresh Boarder
startiger wrote:
Hi,

As a hobby I make a range of replacement parts for these 1950s/60s 1/18th scale british plastic battery operated models.  I also know them inside out so if I can help let me know. I hope to make some parts for the Triang 1/20th models next year

Regards

Al

Just to add a link that gives an almost complete history of all things Victory Industries is at www.madmalc.screaming.net/victoryindex.htm

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #12

Administrator
Hi, these are great models - I had a very lucky find a while ago, I found the rare Vickers Vigor tractor in a local charity shop for just £10. As I understand it, these cost the equivalent of £70 when new and many were destroyed by the makers of Thunderbirds who used them as the basis of many vehicles in the show. It had a couple of missing bits, but I passed it on to a Victory collector who I'm sure knows where to find you.

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #13

Fresh Boarder
Yes they are very rare not sure why they go for so much. I have some photos of one I owned a few years ago which i rebuilt from a wreck. I sold it on Ebay for £750 and bought some new pvc windows for our lounge! I made a new grille, silencer, lamps and seat.

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #14

Fresh Boarder

startiger wrote:

Yes they are very rare not sure why they go for so much. I have some photos of one I owned a few years ago which i rebuilt from a wreck. I sold it on Ebay for £750 and bought some new pvc windows for our lounge! I made a new grille, silencer, lamps and seat.

startiger wrote:
The yellow one is the rarest of the lot, very few were made and this one I saw on Ebay earlier this year sold for £3000!

Re: Victory Industries Models Produced in Guildford Surery UK 7 years ago #15

Administrator
Yes, I made quite a profit on mine, it fetched £970!
  • Page: