Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 4 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
Well finally ive managed to take some pics. After close scrutiny i was very suprised to find little to no information on the packaging inside or out, but i can tell you that the box wording / discription  is virtually identical to tomte. They show 6 different models on the side of the box which are all present inside, so its possibly unlikely they produced anything other than the 6 known here. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 4 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
Very nice and it great condition too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomte2007

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 4 months ago #48

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Interesting set. The Land Rover pick up looks more like Galanite or Vinyl Line due to the moulded spare tire on the hood. Tomte had a separate wheel there. Nice add on to you collection, to be sure!

Cam
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by Cam.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 4 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
Cannot help you while I think Cam is on the ball about spare wheel mounted on the engine hood as my Land Rover Tomte has the separate wheel too.
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 4 months ago #50

Platinum Boarder
Please can "Tomte" post pictures of the separate models, including the underside of each one, thank's.

Rollerman.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 4 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
Sorry guys i really dont want to remove them from the card as they are a tight fit and it's going to tear the card in doing so, with the exception of the vw beetle. I think i have some pics some where of one of my other mustang's and beetle s underneath. I'll try and locate them.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 4 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
OK Tomte, no problem, I do not want to be responsible for any damage to the packaging.

Rollerma.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 4 months ago #53

Cam

Platinum Boarder
I am sure there is a thread with pictures of the yellow Mustang from all angles. You had stated there were no markings on it at all if memory serves. I agree, do not bugger up the packaging. Nice find!

Cam

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 4 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
I agree if it is too difficult to remove from the packaging then leave it where it is. Now the search for the same toys that have been removed and even played with would be the right way to go on this subject. So let the hunt start.

Cheers in collecting.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 1 month ago #55

Cam

Platinum Boarder
I found this little tidbit while doing some other resetrch. I am wondering if this firm had anything to do with your mysterious Mustangs.

Cam

"

Alternatively, Tomte Laerdal toys were at times marketed in different countries under different names. Around 1968, a company called Creative Playthings from Priceton, New Jersey, marketed Tomte cars (apparently unchanged) simply as 'Mini-Cars' (Citroen DS 2007-2012).
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 5 months, 2 weeks ago #56

Cam

Platinum Boarder
<p>Hi All: It has been an amazingly long rime since I came on here, but I thought this was worth sharing on this thread.</p>
<p>With these very rare Mustangs, there is a dark blue on on eBay at the moment, but I have also found a collector that has a green one. Sadly I have no idea how to post pictures on this forum so cannot share the pictures of them. But they do exist, apparently!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cam</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 5 months, 2 weeks ago #57

Platinum Boarder
We are using postimages.org/
Easy to follow and use. Click on "Choose Image" and then pick the picture from your computer. When loaded it will give a list of options. Pick the third from the bottom "Hotlink for Forums" Copy it with the copy Icon on the right of the line and past that text into your thread. It comes out as a picture.

Also, Only use the Quick Reply for posting here. Don't edit. That is why the HTML in you text. Using Quick Reply, bottom right of the page, will eliminate the HTML

Glad to see you back and hope all is well with you.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 5 months, 2 weeks ago #58

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the instructions, Jim. All is well here per se, although I am down with that damned flu that is going around. Hope all is well with you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 5 months, 2 weeks ago #59

Cam

Platinum Boarder
This collector has a umber of models that appear to come from the same manufacturer as well.

Cam

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 5 months, 2 weeks ago #60

Platinum Boarder
All is well up here. Lots of snow on the ground but the rain yesterday and today is taking care of that. Crazy weather this year.