Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 6 years, 7 months ago #31

I spent a good deal of an hour browsing through my toy books, but I can not find anything about it,

sorry
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomte2007

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 6 years, 7 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Well I have to say that after 4 days searching I also have come up empty handed on these.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 6 years, 7 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Oh its certainly fun isnt it lol. Thanks any way

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 6 years, 7 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
I can certainly see your frustration.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 6 months ago #35

Cam

Platinum Boarder
It has been a long time since this thread was used, but it has always interested me. I have expanded my Tomte collection but haven't really gone on to other makes as of yet.

I happened to stumble across this listing on Gasoline Alley Antiques site and they had this. I noticed the lower right model is a yellow Mustang in the style of what you have. I could find no information on the maker though. However it may give a bit more information to search through.

They list it as a #689 and can be found on this page.

www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/transporta...RUBBER%20AND%20VINYL

Hope it helps.

Cam

Last Edit: 4 years, 6 months ago by Cam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomte2007

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 6 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
I've placed my order with them for this, so fingers crossed it coming my way

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 6 months ago #37

Well done Tomte!

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 6 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
Hi Guys, My first impression of the Ford Mustang was that it was from 'NP' in Germany but they made the 'Fastback' version as shown below...

...and as "Tomte" probably already knows, this company also based their soft 'Vinyl' type models on products from the regular diecast ranges from Corgi and others.

I also compaired the 'NP' VW Beetle with the one shown in the gift set box and they are not the same.

So sorry Guys, I can not offer a brand name or company connected to that set at this time.

Rollerman.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 6 months ago #39

Cam

Platinum Boarder
I also wrote to them requesting any information on the box and their reply was:

"everything we know about the set is listed on the web page.  cheers, Keith"

Cam

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 6 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
Ive been successful in my purchase and it'll hopefully be delivered next week so i can put myself and a few others out of misery. Thanks Cam for the link.

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 6 months ago #41

Cam

Platinum Boarder
You are more than welcome! I wish I could have found more info, but, as you say, this is the only example of this type of Mustang I have ever seen done by any manufacturer. There was also a yellow one that went on eBay in a lot of 4 vinyl models for about $115.00. Let us know when you receive it and if you find out any more about them.

Cam

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 6 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
The group of 4 that was sold on ebay went to a collector friend of mine in the Netherlands. As for the boxed set i do believe it must have some kind of makers name or info somewhere. Hopefully

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 6 months ago #43

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Gasoline Alley Antiques wrote back and said there was nothing else they could determine other than the info they put on their website. I am looking forward to your assessment of this set when you receive it.

Cam

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 5 months ago #44

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Did this set ever arrive? Curious to see what you have come up with on it.

Cam

Re: Super rare Ford Mustang similar to Tomte 4 years, 5 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
Hello folks,yes it is now in my possession but im away from home at the present time so i cant post any pictures yet. Once i return ill take some pics.