Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others...

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 9 months ago #1561

Platinum Boarder
Wearing chromed wheels with those tyres is shouting out at me...''I am from Meerhall''.

Jimson supplied a lot of models to Meerhall and Salco but the wheels on Salco models were not chromed just left in the natural plastic colours of grey or cream.

You don't show the base but I suspect it only has MADE IN HONG KONG with no logos etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 9 months ago #1562

Platinum Boarder
Yes a slight resemblance we can say. But the taxi helps to enlarge any collection.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 9 months ago #1563

Platinum Boarder
That's correct Rollerman it only has Made in Hong Kong & no logo's

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 9 months ago #1564

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see these plastic copies.
The last one I found was a Ferrari Berlinetta which I'm assuming is based on Corgi's 314
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1565

Platinum Boarder
<p>That is a very nice model. I found this S Type Jaguar this week it goes with my green &amp; cream caravan which I have had for years &amp; completes a Telsalda Deluxe set.</p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12.16px;">
</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12.16px;"><br /></span></p>
</span></p>
</span></p>
</span></p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1566

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done completing the set. You even have the luggage.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1567

Platinum Boarder
I got this Ford Cortina Fire Chief car , although I have it already I wanted to make it live again,
I am not having much luck with my ears & throat of late & I am suffering an inner ear problem which has made me quite rough luckily I made the boot at the weekend & painted it as I would not be have been able to paint it as the smell of paint would not have gone down well with me. I used my original car from my childhood as a doner car for the missing engine which looks a lot different to what the original would have had.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1568

Platinum Boarder
Excellent transplant Andy on the Cortina.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1569

Platinum Boarder
I got this TAT Oldsmobile Toronado today it si complete unlike the white one i showed earlier in this topic, I now have a guide to how the bumpers look.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1570

Platinum Boarder
I have managed to get a few nice boxed models this week, firstly the Telsalda Austin 1100 & a S Type Jaguar & caravan which I have not seen the box for.
I am waiting on another Jag & I have a nice Fairylite double Decker London bus which I will picture later.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1571

Platinum Boarder
Those Jags with caravans look great together. They are in such nice condition too.
I owned an Austin 1100 back in about 1967. I think it was a 1963 but not sure. It was so long ago.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1572

A couple of great finds Andy. How do you source them?

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1573

Platinum Boarder
I am always on the look , Ebay if I can afford & friends keep an look out for me,
I got some of my sets out & pictured them , forgetting others I have although the table would not have been big enough , so I looked back on here & here they are. One I can not find on here & I will have to find is a VW 1500 & caravan I have boxed.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1574

Platinum Boarder
Such a nice collection of tow-able vehicles and the cars that do the towing. Really nice to see. You should be very proud of this collection. Might be one of the best on the planet.

Re: Telsalda Hong Kong & Others... 3 years, 8 months ago #1575

Platinum Boarder
Great collection of Hong Kong plastic toy vehicles and accessory attachments like caravans boats and the likes with their boxes. Magnificent that would seeking some more information on this Honk Kong made toys from the past. Yes the name Honk Kong will be lost in history in the near future.