Mystery plastic & tin Studebaker
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mystery plastic & tin Studebaker

Mystery plastic & tin Studebaker 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I bought this unusual plastic Studebaker , I believe it to be a Starliner, it has a plastic body , tin base &amp; diecast front grill &amp; rear bumper, it appears to have once been a battery operated model with a wire coming from the rear to a hand control, however the motor has been taken out &amp; I cannot see how it would have worked as the axles are standard &amp; doesn't appear to have had any drive mechanism on them.</p>
<p>There is no makers name on it at all therefore it is a mystery to me but a lovely model to display</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12.16px;">
</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12.16px;"><br /></span></p>
</span></p>
</span></p>
</span></p>
</span></p>
<p> </p>

Re: Mystery plastic & tin Studebaker 6 months ago #2

That is a first for me too. Is it possible to take it apart and show the inside please?

Re: Mystery plastic & tin Studebaker 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I took t apart to clean it as it was very dirty when I got it, if you look at there are no signs that a motor has been in as there is no discolour on the base , it could be that it was taken out when the toy was near new.

instant image hosting

Re: Mystery plastic & tin Studebaker 6 months ago #4

And the axle near the engine, has no cog or something similar to make the wheels tur if it had an engine.

Re: Mystery plastic & tin Studebaker 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>There could have been a plastic part on that axles and it has broken off years ago. I believe this is a 1956 Studebaker Power Hawk. Here is a video of one of them that was supercharged, from the factory I believe. These cars styling was years ahead of any one else back then.</p>
<p>
<p>Your Stude is at the beginning of the video and shows some really nice car too.</p>
Last Edit: 6 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Mystery plastic & tin Studebaker 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
<p>Interesting model Andy. You have to search the net to find out what was inside. Also, in our Dutch NAMAC magazine there is a readers section where you can place mysterious models.</p>

Re: Mystery plastic & tin Studebaker 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Maybe this link is a bit of help.</p>
<p>www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ORIGINAL-AMT-CR...3666843452</p>

Re: Mystery plastic & tin Studebaker 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
That is excellent Keesie, it looks as if this has solved the mystery, maybe the hole is for the key?
  • Page: