Dime Store Polythene Compressor Truck No. 178 Hong Kong
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dime Store Polythene Compressor Truck No. 178 Hong Kong

Dime Store Polythene Compressor Truck No. 178 Hong Kong 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Just curious to know what type of truck this is and if it's a copy of another casting.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12.16px;">
</span></p>
</span></p>
</span></p>

Re: Dime Store Polythene Compressor Truck No. 178 Hong Kong 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I have not seen this one before, nice find especially in it's packaging.

Re: Dime Store Polythene Compressor Truck No. 178 Hong Kong 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I have never seen one of these either. With the side of the cab chopped off it looks like there could have been other back sections for this truck. There used to be similar trucks in Vancouver BC when I was young that would carry steel to job sites on one of these. Flat deck rear and the half cab gave room for the long steel rods or beams they would transport. Interesting find for sure.

Re: Dime Store Polythene Compressor Truck No. 178 Hong Kong 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
<p>CCE, just realized you have a new avatar!!!!!</p>

Re: Dime Store Polythene Compressor Truck No. 178 Hong Kong 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys.
Looks like the compressor unit is a crude copy of the unit on a Matchbox No. 28 Compressor Lorry. Especially the graphics on the card looks like a direct copy.
The cab is still a mystery.

Hi Keesie.
Those Mini's are very special.

Re: Dime Store Polythene Compressor Truck No. 178 Hong Kong 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Missed this the first time around but looking at your polythene compressor toy is interesting (as all toys and models are or else we would not be here!!!), but I do not recognise it as a whole and the only plastic/polythene examples that come to mind from my own files are the polythene toys from 'National Toys' whose wheels seem very similar to those on your compressor.

Love those Minis by the way.

Rollerman.
  • Page: