Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy

Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>Does anyone know of this as I have no knowledge of Marc toys of Italy  but I got this 1/21 scale Ferrari 512/S it it has a plastic body with a tin-plate base and it is friction drive.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>pnc hours near me</p>

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
MARC TOYS. Marc is short for Marchesini Toys.

Augustine Marchesini established in 1908 a toy company in Bologna, Italy, named MARCHESINI AMBO.

AMBO is short for Augustine Marchesini Bologna. It was one of the oldest companies producing tin plate toys in Italy.

These are not at all common in the UK and probably only now exist here via the internet with ebay type auction sites as I do not recall seeing any of their models for retail sale in the UK.

Their Lancia Flavia coupe (also in 1/21 scale), is a stunning model and easily commands a three figure sum of money!!

Rollerman.

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks Rollerman , if anyone would know I knew you would, this model is not what I normally buy but it looked unusual, I did see the Lancia when I googled this & yes it looks stunning, not any info on the Ferrari on there though, so thank you for the information.

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #4

Gold Boarder
I did look it up in Rampini but didn't find it. Then again Marchesini is in the book, although not with their 1:21 scale models.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I like the printing on the baseplate, I wonder what it represents.

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Looks like Engine to the left, suspension, driveshaft and maybe a tire well on the right or possibly a lower section of the floor pan to accommodate the drivers legs and the foot controls

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I was thinking more what car it shows.

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I think that they have done what a few of the Japanese Tin Plate car companies used to do & print the underside with axle etc details.

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Yes I get that except none of it makes sense, if I read it correctly this would be a front wheel drive 4 cyl Ferrari ?

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I would think it is a generic drawing the put on their models to represent a drive train. Not sure if you can find any info on the net showing other cars made by Marc Toys of Italy that have the same drawings on the bottom.
Showing a front wheel drive assembly on a rear wheel drive car sounds like it was something they used on a lot of cars. Maybe Kevin knows?

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Each car had its own printed tinplate base with different running gear representations so they did not use a common design.

As ggod as these 1960's models are the company did not source pictures or drawings of the real cars underside detail so because they were marketed as 'Toys' as oposed to 'Models', a cheap alternative to having plastic bases moulded with the correct detail was to use simple printed tinplate bases.

Rollerman.

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
To my knowledge , as these were toys , to the young kid who got these toys looked at the base as second to the toy they had and did not take much notice of what was printed on the base ..perhaps?

Re: Ferrari 512/S Marc Toys Italy 1 year, 6 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
That all makes sense. Kids will be kids and they miss lots of details.
  • Page: