Austin Truck not sure of maker
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Austin Truck not sure of maker

Austin Truck not sure of maker 1 year, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I got this Austin/ Commer? truck yesterday, it is Made in GT Britain, Patent applied  and friction drive, it has a driver and his mate, I am not sure if is Wells Brimtoy although the lorry back would have been tin, it is 5 inches long</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Austin Truck not sure of maker 1 year, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Could be Tri-Ang.
Just a guess

Re: Austin Truck not sure of maker 1 year, 2 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy.
Your nice red and green plastic truck is an Austin and is connected to Mettoy. It comes from the Playcraft company a sister company to Mettoy. This is part of the 'Playthings' range and dates from 1953-54.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Austin Truck not sure of maker 1 year, 2 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Many Thanks Rollerman, this is great information, I have not seen another since i got this one.

Re: Austin Truck not sure of maker 1 year, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nice and clean model Andy. The car/cabin is always a sort of puzzle to me. Several car companies made trucks like these in the early fitties, especially USA companies. As I have a Rose Tudor or Tudor Rose truck from my very early childhood, similar to this cabin, I tried to find out the make. Even companies like Opel had one, but I thought the closest one was Studebaker. So I adressed an expert on the net, but he did not know either.</p>

Re: Austin Truck not sure of maker 1 year, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
There were a number of Lorries or Trucks within the Tudor Rose range due to the companys connections to Idela Toys in America. The range also included some 'Generic' designs so were not actually based on any real vehicle.

I will go and look for your truck in the Tudor Rose thread to remind me of what it looks like.

Rollerman.

Re: Austin Truck not sure of maker 1 year, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Lovely spelling above!!

The other toy company I mention should have been Ideal Toys (IDEAL or ITC).

Looking back at Keesie's Tudor Rose truck (official name by TR is...The Tudor Rose Cattle Truck), allowing for 'Artistic Licence', the model is very close to an International Harvester.

Rollerman.

Re: Austin Truck not sure of maker 1 year, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I was going to say a '50's Dodge or International Harvester or Corn Binder as we called it in Canada.

Re: Austin Truck not sure of maker 1 year, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here my Tudor Rose truck once more.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: