Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: latest purchase

Re: latest purchase 5 years, 9 months ago #76

Platinum Boarder
Still finding those Hong Kong specials.

Re: latest purchase 5 years, 9 months ago #77

I really like these, are you going to remove the staples carefully and enjoy them?

Re: latest purchase 5 years, 9 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
When they arrive I think I will keep them mint on card

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
Mego Road Work Vehicles Construction set with Mercedes Benz trucks and Aveling-Barford Tractor Shovel (but with a blade!) on its way from USA, the trailer parts / rears of the trucks are Matchbox King Size copies

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by amarsden5.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #80

Platinum Boarder
That is a nice looking set and has loads of play value. Nice score and thanks for showing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amarsden5

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
A great plastic friction set there , rare to see boxed , nice find well done.

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
MEGO, once the greatest toy company in the World...even they had to source toys from other sources!

The Hong Kong based import company Mego had set up in 1965, started to supply plastic toys from various sources in that Country. towards the end of the 60's they even started making their own toys for Mego in the US.

Mego marketed a Greyhound Scenicruiser coach, friction powered and made by Jimson. so this company were now setting the seeds to doom by outsourcing many Hong Kong based toys.

That graet set shown above is very rare in such a complete condition and you can just see the early 1970's Red MEGO in a circle logo at bottm left of the box lid.

Great stuff and thank's for showing it.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amarsden5, Andy66

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder
Despite the faults shown on two of the Mercedes Benz trucks, the price was right (even though postage was double the set cost!) I had thought Mego only made action figures and TV related (Happy Days etc) so many thanks for the info Rollerman

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
I just noticed the crane carrier is the only one to have the grille inserted right side up!

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
That is funny about the grille and it is so easy to see what way is up on a Mercedes. LOL

Too bad about the broken parts. Do you think you can repair them?
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #86

Platinum Boarder
The Concrete Mixer's broken part is missing unfortunately, hope the Crane Truck part can be glued back on

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Maybe you could make something up. Looks like there is a hole where the original piece was so you could put something through it maybe.

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #88

Platinum Boarder
Will probably leave it as is

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
Hi Rollerman, saw this Mego Greyhound bus on ebay, I had a similar one as a child

Re: latest purchase 2 years, 6 months ago #90

Platinum Boarder
That is a good bus including box. What is the size of this Mego bus.