Yes, we know it's a little bit of a contradiction in terms, but here's where you can talk about Norev, Minialuxe, Siku, Polistil, Tomte, Auburn, Sun Rubber or any other ready-made model car that's made of plastic or rubber. Hey, they're still cast in dies!

TOPIC: latest purchase

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 7 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
I recently had posted in Soldiers manufactures about Blue Box Soldiers made by Peter Chen Pue who founded the company in 1952 and expanded into making all sorts of toys for the world market.

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 6 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
Hong kong version of Corgi Bedford TK cab modified into a concrete mixer , looks truncated to me!

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 6 months ago #48

Platinum Boarder
Are you sure this is a 'version' of a Corgi model? Because you're right, it looks weird and (to me) very unlike any Corgi model. Lots of makers offered the Bedford TK, so unless you know otherwise, I'd simply regard it as a Hong Kong model.

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 6 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
I believe this is the model it is based on as it appears to be the same size, with the rear modified to take the mixer, I will try to find my original so I can compare it (photo courtesy Toyzphoto.com)

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 6 months ago #50

Platinum Boarder
front view..

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 6 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
I must admit I can't see many similarities except for the size and the fact that they're both Bedford TKs. The plastic model has much narrower window openings, completely different roof, larger Bedford emblem, no raised 'Bedford'-letting on front (or maybe I just can't see it?), deeper grooves in the grille and of course absolutely everything behind the cab is totally different. Nevertheless, any Bedford TK is a nice model worthy of collectinag in my opinion

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 6 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
more Hong Kong copies of Matchbox Yesteryears, note the different models to those listed on the box!

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 6 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
more Bedford S type trucks..

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 6 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
What is left of the Number 306 made in Hong Kong.

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 5 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
The Mercer raceabout in a single pack..

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 4 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
Blue box set sold in the US by Action Lebeco Toys

Co

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 1 month ago #57

Platinum Boarder
service station and contents..

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 1 month ago #58

Platinum Boarder
later Blue box Service Station and contents and trade box of six!

Re: latest purchase 9 years, 1 month ago #59

Platinum Boarder
Boy, you sure lucked out on that one. NOt often I would think, you would find a trade box full.

Re: latest purchase 8 years, 10 months ago #60

Platinum Boarder
Ford Thames Traders set