Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can talk about model tanks, armoured cars, staff cars and any other model military vehicles, whether they're kits, diecast or anything else!

TOPIC: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war.

Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
One of Solido finest models are their tanks. Below is the AMX 13 light tank from France origin and design, Crew of 3 armament one 75 mm gun one 7.5 mm or 7.62 mm machine-gun co-axial with main armament two smoke discharges on each side of the turret. Armour thickness 10 to 40 mm (half an inch to one  and three quarters of an inch where needed for the latter enforcements.  Length of gun forward  twenty feet ten inch or 6.36m. length of hull fifteen feet or 4.88 m. width eight feet two inches or 2.5m, height seven feet seven inches or 2.3m.

Weight combat 33.069 lbs or 15,000 kg

Engine SOFAM Model 8 GXb eight cylinder water cooled petrol engine developing 250 hp at 3,200 rpm.s Road speed 37 mph.

History Entered service with the French Army in 1953-54 and by 1979 there had been over 10,000 of these light welded together tanks produced. Served in the Middle East and Vietnam.

One thing I like about Solido tanks are the linked tracks that make all the difference

I like to roll them over and have a good look at the underside of things.

Actually I have just recieved this AMX from France and bought on the French eBay.

Below is the comparision between the Dinky AMX and the Solido.

Like there is a big difference between the two. 

Cheers.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Solido Kaiser jeep 6x6 GS troop or whatever. Nice looking boneshaker. The Jeep could be said to be the brain child of the Bantam Car Company who with Willys - Overland had submitted plans to the War Department very early 1942. As the War Department considered BCC to small for such a very large scale operations, they decided to hand over BCC design drafts to Ford and Willys - Overland. Ford produced a prototype, the pygmy, while Willys produced their prototype the Jeep to the War Department. The name Jeep patten and trade mark was registered in early 1943. The rest is histroy when in 1953 Kaiser bought the lock stock and barrel and continues to make the famous Jeep brand in all sorts of vehicles.

Below is the M34 6x6  2.5 ton in 1/50m scale and box number 2 and issued onto the retail market November 1975 by Solido made in France this near all die-cast replication of this particular vehicle is very good indeed. Plastic tarp cover and rubber tyres and nice paint finish. Well I like it anyway. I bought it through eBay UK I think a couple of years ago.

The towing hook looks like it is missing.
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder

Solido box Number 242 issued March 1984 1/50 scale Dodge T223 W63 Weapons go anywhere carryalls vehicle. Another good representation of the actually 1942 to 1945 military vehicle. Again mostly die-cast with rubber tyres and plastic tarp cover.

I forgot to hook up the gun.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Solido Unic Sarhara rocket launcher in 1/50 scale box number 523 and based on the Unic 1954 vehicle or there abouts.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Solido sure has a nice quality look to it. I really like the tracks as they depict real tracks not just rubber like Dinky and Corgi did.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #6

Those all look great. I've been looking at the Solido CCKW soft and hard top trucks lately. They have several fire service versions that I'm thinking of adding to my On30 layout.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Yes Rob they do have a nice collection of Firer Appliances while some of the trucks are from the Military versions the others are later models of firer trucks of all-sorts.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I have borrowed this advertisement  from inside an out of date Model Collector magazine November 1994 on what Solido had to offer on the retail market of their latest releases.

I think I might like one of those half-tracks to build up my small collection of them
Enjoy

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
GAIT Industries of France produced the LG1 105 mm towed howitzer in the early 1990's in the French Army. Surprise is that this  howitzer was in service or still is in service with the Canadian Army light infantry battalions. in 1996 and was used in Bosnia during that UN police action or conflict.  Other countries also purchased this light weight weapon like Belgium, Indonesia,Singapore and Thailand.

Actually I bought this Gun ho no no it is a Howitzer from a secondhand dealer in the early 1990's and guess what the towing eyelets are far to small to hook onto my weapons carryall 6x6 or the 6x6 Jeep, well the latter has a broken off towing hook. Might have to put a Dinky one on it.

Cheers

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #10

Senior Boarder
This gun can also be found with the Simca Marmon in the 73'collection
i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/stefho...ilitary/P5210039.jpg

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #11

Senior Boarder
Better like this.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #12

Senior Boarder
I have another one in its original box.

Some rockets are missing.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #13

Senior Boarder
Solido Amx 13 bitube.#223.1973.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for showing some of your collection Stefho74.

I now see some differences between the two Howitzer 105mm produced by Solido, as the image you have posted with its box does refer to a 105mm C Howitzer and has different type of elevation and gun carriage, trails are more robust are just some of the differences. Is there two versions of the 105mm or have I inadvertently identified the wrong type of Howitzer when comparing the Howitzer that I have with some images in some of my Artillery Books.

I have just bought on eBay a GMC recovery vehicle and the 6x6 Jeep crane. I'll show pictures when they arrive.

Cheers.

Re: Solido Military trucks tanks guns and any other weapons of war. 12 years, 9 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I'm quite happy with my Russian military truck.

URAL 4320

was sent in to me in a box for the ZIL 131.

So took a bit of digging on Google which one this was.

its a highly detailed truck in 1/43

and here's a comparison with the Dinky Super Toy Euclid.

Moderators: Modelguru