Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can talk about model tanks, armoured cars, staff cars and any other model military vehicles, whether they're kits, diecast or anything else!

TOPIC: Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China

Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Does anyone recognize the Rhino brand logo on the card Army Force Made in China. It would be handy to know the manufacturer\'s name. This is one of the biggest problems we face sometimes with generic brand names without any reference to the source of production.

I think I might have bought these blister card packs at Woolworths (Safeway in Market Square Geelong) around the mid 1990\'s or there abouts.

Big caption die cast metal as if.  The main body is die-cast while the chassis and turret are plastic.

M 36 Jackson fixed painted tracks, movable turret and fixed gun (no elevation) on push along wheels.

M 60 tank look alike basic features push along fixed painted tracks turret moves fixed barrel position.

Some extra ones out of the pack  including s Centurion tank of the same brand

Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Lets see what is in some of my treasure boxes: Yat Ming

These could be some of MotorMarx Red Box or generic Yat Ming supplied to K-mart as some of the numbers on the the Pick Up with canopy No T 134 and No T113-5 on the staff car which corresponds with the Zylmex numbering system.  Yat Ming usually has 4 numbers starting with 1,000.

No number under the Bus and Jeep which has the 1940 bar grill, although the wrecker has the No T135-8 and is listed with the Yat Ming Attack Force catalogue.

One thing is for sure they were made in China.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Now this Abrams Main Battle M1A1 tank by ERTL, made in China who were the owners of Britains Ltd and didn\'t keep the old name going as far as it was with military equipment and vehicles.  Hmm stuck to tractors and farm animals though and came out with this.  Amazing.

Anyway what is it like to me it feels like it is all plastic although they say it is die-cast metal. Moreover it does have some weight I guess and maybe diecast.

Roll over on its side and it shows that it has rubber tracks. Length 124 mm x 50mm wide x 40 mm high. Looks slightly chunky for a Abrams but play-worthy.

Well not bad for a toy I wonder how long it would last it feels solid enough.

More to come chaps so stay turned.

Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Added more information.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Something new from Forces of Valor made by Unimax:

Made for children over 3 years with all the warnings on the pack alas no scale has been included.
They are about 64 mm overall length for the Bradley M3A2 and 81 mm for the Tiger Mk 1 Scale would be approximately about 1/72 to 1/76 scale, depending on the actual size of the military vehicle that is shrunk to fit into a standard packaging system.  Originally Matchbox size was determined in this way, like a motorbike compared to the size of Euclid dump truck. 

They include a simple display stand with the name of the military machine.

Just the maker\'s name Unimax and Forces of Valor copy right logo and date 2009 and Made in China

Actually for the price these tanks do include a lot of detail which is really good. They feel solid although they don\'t have any push along wheels as the tracks are fixed into the casting. Made of mostly die-cast and I think they are a good little tank which is affordable for those starting out collecting and it doesn\'t matter what the age may be.

At the moment they are retailing at K-Mart Australian stores for $4 dollars.

Packaging looks very attractive, although bulky for displaying purposes where this sometimes causes some dilemma. Do I keep the toy in the package or take it out for displaying?   Then there is the storage issue with the empty packet where do I keep them all, usually in a box out in the Garage collecting dust and creepy crawly things.  I know about this problem as I have taken them out for display purposes and later discarded the packaging blister card, then years later Oh I could have used that for scanning a picture, and include that display card on Toy Collector.  If a collector decides to keep the package then they can replace the item back into the package and re-glue the clear plastic covering. I\'ve done this in some cases with hot wheels when taking out the toy for visual inspection and picture taking.

Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by GunnerJim. Reason: spelling

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
some neat models there, I agree about the packaging, oh for the days of Dinky/ Matchbox etc b o x e s !

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #6

I\'ve got a Forces of Valor Dragon Wagon in 72nd scale, and it did come with a box. Very nice truck, and compares well with the Tamiya 35th scale model kit, at about 1/10th the cost. They sold the complete line here in the Wal Mart stores in cardboard display boxes, and were also available in other scales from 32nd to 144th scale. I only found the Dragon Wagon in 72nd scale.

Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by oldtruck56.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
As I have mentioned about discarding the packaging like if it is blister card or box and this is what does happen sometimes. Now what was the make of that Chinese  Made toy.

Mercedes trucks with canopy No 1362 made by Yat Ming in China.

Different grill and fuel tank locations compared with the Matchbox also 6x4 on super fast wheels that seems to look to small for the truck.

Otherwise nice looking toy for its size and price back in the late 1990\'s.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Yat Ming No 1603 and a unnamed made in China Jeeps

Reasonable detail even if no makers name exist and only a number for the Yat Ming and is one of the Attack  Force by Road Tough. The other well I thew away the card.

Complete different undercarriage base made in plastic.

Nice wheels on the Road Tough and engine hood opens compared with the no name made in China.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Some mixed no names Pick up trucks and some could be look alike Chevy\'s or Fords

No makers name only the word China either Tampo or included in the plastic casting.

The above is the Emergency/Military Machines with canopy pick up truck No T134 which suggest by the number they were from the Zyll collection that carries that type of numbering system.

Mainly black plastic undercarriage while one is green with the words made in China.

Below the one second from the left there is some paint wiped on.  This gold coloured represents the makers identification and I think it was Zylmex manufacturing generics for another firm for re-packaging under another name.

As the above depicts nice and cheap in a world of throw away society. Especially if someone stands on them just like at the recycling yard squashed.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
The mighty Hummer designed for military usage and captured by civilian use this fuel guzzler rules the road.

Below is some of the Road Tough Yat Ming having the No 1504 underneath and Made in China while the other two with the gun mounts are no name no country of origin.

Actually the SD/29 is plastic now how did I manage that. Hmmmm I am not going to tell you either.

Actually this series of Road Toughs have similar quality to say Matchbox and other competitors in the Toy Market.

The two miss fits pity as they are just as good as mainstream toys. of that size.

The well known Matchbox Hummer and there are a few variations in colour and tampo designs.

Hot Wheels like them love them or hate them I wonder how many of these wet them and watch the colour change lasted in the toy box.

Actually these Create a World by Track Stars below came with a surprise figure or signage for the road layout.

Robust and nice quality feel about them including the designing of the casting moulds seems to show some diligence by the design department including the production as the assembly and painting is of high quality.

Never managed to work out where the military figures were.

Street Machines Yat Ming heritage.  These floated to the surface in or around 2005 and one of the receipts that I kept for the pro engine box on the left above showed the fading ink sales docket date. In the middle is the Masito Hummer

Nice little ripper from Maisto a Hummer Coupe for 2010.

Last Edit: 13 years, 6 months ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Adding more pictures and information.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Just Made In China look alike to what I don\'t know.

The bottom end of the scale this came as a boxed set, although the rubber tracks on the look alike M60 A 1 battle tank might come in handy.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Staff cars and miscelleouse transport. All made in China andone comfirmed Yat Ming from Road Tough series.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder

One the left is a Road Tough tanker with the words Yatming made in China underneath. This casting has been around for a long time.  The recovery vehicles have the No T135-8 which would suggest that the die came from Zyll company although this vehicle came with the Attack Force by Road Toughs.

These two military vehicles Fords have no name no country thus becoming a mystery toy.

Although no name here is that gold paint mark again.

Don\'t know the age either to the above Fords but are collectible now if in very good condition.

Now that I have dusted them all and cleaned the shelves I can put them back again. Then I can do some tanks so thanks for looking.

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I would like a Dragon Wagon, but I will have to source one overseas as they don\'t seem to have come to our shores..

Re:Military Vehicles & Tanks made Hong Kong to China 13 years, 6 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
In what format, die-cast scale model or plastic kit of the M26 A1 6x6 tractor. Yes I could do with one too for my tank transporters collection.
Moderators: Modelguru