Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 4 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Yes I've got the little red pocket book too as it is in the box with the main book and the bus 

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 4 months ago #17

And there were two issues of the bus too:
Upper deck yellow, lower deck light blue
Upper deck light blue, lower deck yellow

If have the one as shown in the photo

Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 4 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Kees, Yes there were a lot of one time members who would jump on a freebie like this book. Also the cars and other toys. The entry was just being a member and you were only supposed to post that you wanted in. No other comments. There were a lot of people who were just looking but not posting and they were members. They only came out to post because of the contests. I had forgotten about the posts you referenced and I am glad you did. Brings it all back and too bad that only one member was there, Christian.
Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 4 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
jim, it is just so very wierd people only come in if there something to get for free. It happened on the Dutch Modelauto Krant as well: a couple of free models if ony you placed a message (you don't have to be a member). People entered who I never heard off, and I said that was strange. I also said I did not collect those models. You guessed, I won.....so I picked up the model (Formula 1) in Houten, and straight away I gave it to a kid who was just passing by. You should have ssen the faces of the organizers of the Modelauto Krant.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 4 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Hahahaha, that is great. I love a story like that with a happy ending. Thanks for telling.
  • Page: