Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Latter Day Saints

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 10 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Wait until you see my red Volvo p1800

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 10 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
This one? Looks nice in red 

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 10 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
If ever there was a colour that really suited a car, this is it. This is fabulous, must get me one of those one Day.

Rollerman.

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 10 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
With regards the number plate ST1 the tv company never owned this & they could not drive the car on the road with these plates.

I saw a couple years ago, a red Saab 900 with this plate at Streatham Common, I was not seeing things it definitely was ST1.

I heard a story that an old lady had this plate on a car she owned & would not sell it, don't know if it was a myth.

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 10 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
...and "FAB I" has been on a White Jaguar XJS, also owned by a Lady...!!

Rollerman.

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 10 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
The ST1 plate was used on public roads but it was only used during filming the actual number plate well one of a dozen or so that Volvo supplied to the shows makers can be seen with Roger Moore 

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 10 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
The New Avengers green Jaguar rego transposed a couple of numbers and letters before going to the Professionals in the pilot episode.

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 9 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
They also came with a blue Saint sticker too some say these where for export only but I've found evidence that these where also sold in the UK too 

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 9 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
If you want a hard to find blue sticker Saints Volvo P1800 then look no further 

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corgi-Toys-Whizzwheel...;hash=item27f8ebf455

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 9 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
You would think for the asking price you would get a box.

I stand corrected as I resd the extensive write up on the toy and there is a box. Not very good but almost all there. Seems there was a red sticker version I did not know about too.
Last Edit: 5 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Latter Day Saints 5 years, 9 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Yes these Saint Volvos came with red stickers from the cast hub and tyres version in 1969 then the Whizzwheels version from May 1970 to the end of its production run in early 1973.
  • Page: