Old Mr Whippy Corgi (or Austin van)..
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old Mr Whippy Corgi (or Austin van)..

Old Mr Whippy Corgi (or Austin van).. 6 years, 1 month ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hi Team, I came across this searching Mr Whippy diecast in google. Basically I work with Mr Whippy in New Zealand, and I want to reproduce one of the diecast models with the colours of the NZ Mr Whippy fleet (orange and white) - so my question is would anyone know who might be able to produce this for me? I emailed a couple of factories in China, and they both quoted thousands of dollars to make up a prototype and mould etc. I'm thinking somewhere, someone must have a mould already and could produce this for me. Any help greatly appreciated!

Re: Old Mr Whippy Corgi (or Austin van).. 6 years, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I believe you have found one of my many code 3 Mr Whippy Vans. I have done a number and used to sell them on eBay for good money too. I have one here done but not decaled and that is for me. I have a Mr Softee that I start with but that is my next one and I have no idea when I will get to that. If you want to do one yourself, find a Corgi 428 Karrier Mr Softee Van. Bubble gum pink and Bright white.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrwhippynz

Re: Old Mr Whippy Corgi (or Austin van).. 6 years, 1 month ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Ah ok - so you make them yourself? I need the means to produce several hundred at low cost in China!

Re: Old Mr Whippy Corgi (or Austin van).. 6 years, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Hello Mrwhippynz, I have put a reply to your query on your duplicate posting. I did not realise you actually wanted a quantity of the 'Ice Cream' Vans for commercial purposes. Why don't you Google for 3D printers in your area and if your lucky there will be one in decent travelling distance. Then what you need to do is get at least one good model of the Van you want, have it scanned (some 3D printer centres can do this for you) then have it printed in resin as a solid model, after some basic trimming and cleaning-up it can be painted and trimmed to your own design. You will have to find someone able and willing to do a little mass-production for you to generate the quantity you require, so you want a good model maker with some spare time on his or her hands.

Even if this method is not for you, it is well worth reading about what 3D scanning and printing is capable of, good luck with your project, however you handle it.

TheRollerman.
  • Page: