Gift set #25 garage layout
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gift set #25 garage layout

Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder

Thought you like to see this rare little set

its 100% mint and complete

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Beautifull !!!!!!!! can we get more pictures ?

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #4

Fresh Boarder

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #5

Fresh Boarder

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #6

Fresh Boarder
All original from 1963

never been out of the boxes before

even the glue paint and brush are the originals 

the Bentley I'm told is an rare colour

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #7

That is stunning, the best I have ever seen. And almost al the plastic parts still on the sprue
Thanks for sharing

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #8

Fresh Boarder
All of the plastics should be attached unless transporting etc has caused them to come off
The set is untouched from new

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #9

How did you get this, it is so clean and crisp, is it old shop stock?

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
This has got to be one of the best items I've ever seen, not just because of the completeness, condition, age, contents, but because of all of these factors combined - let me elaborate:

A set like this is what dreams were made of for any toy car loving kid. Oh, to get such a box for Christmas, open it, assemble the garage and then play with it for hours on end. Once you'd seen it in a catalogue or toy store, it would be impossible to forget, but for all but a small minority, it would be way out of reach... but the dreams could live on "maybe next year".

With most items, we have either the 'setup for play' (i.e. a garage) or the tools for play (the cars), here we have both, combined, so we know that kids would be playing with these exact models in these exact settings. Furthermore, thanks to the untouched condition, we even get to see the task that would have to be completed before playtime could begin: the paint, the brush, the instruction sheets, the boxes with their plastic parts on sprues. The set doesn't look to complicated, but I'm sure that to a young owner, the time required must have seen like 'forever'. Full of eagerness and anxiety, these pieces would be joined one by one, until the 'dream garage' was ready for play.

I realize that a term like "a box of dreams" may sound like a cliché, but nevertheless I'll dare to use it here. I also feel that it illustrates what has made us collect as grown-ups: the wonderful memories of childhood imagination, wishes and playfulness.

This set should be the centerpiece of any collection, because it shows "what it's all about"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bronzegreen

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #11

Fresh Boarder
The set was bought for my uncle who as a kid had little interest in toys and cars. He was nature mad and animals and birds were his passion. 

When he died it became my fathers who knew it would have value one day as it was as new. 

It has now come my turn to own the set

a lack of sentiment and lack of money tells me it's time to move it on to a loving home hence it being for sale now

Ive had a lot of interest in it as it's so rare to find such a mint condition set. 

I am asking for serious offers rather than asking for a given price. 

How can you value such a rare piece  

Im sure someone will really want this for pride of place in a nice display cabinet rather than my loft.

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Can I just add here that "Bronzegreen" has shown this set on the Vintage British Made Diecast forum and it generated much interest and comment, simply because of what it is, A superb example of what must have been of limited production at the time Gift Set.

Many members on that forum (including myself under the GHOSTHUNTER username), have tried to advise "Bronzegreen" towards the prospect of him selling this through an established auction house like 'Vectis' to ensure he gets a good, justifiable price for the set.

If any forum members here on 'Planet Diecast' are willing to make an offer for this set as it is shown in the above pictures, please be aware it will have to be in the region of four figures, thank you.

P.S. I am not related to "Bronzegreen" and I am not acting on his behalf as an agent, just a forum friend who wants to see he gets a fair deal.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bronzegreen

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #13

Fresh Boarder
Thanks for that rollerman

i do have a dealer looking to buy so unless I get a good private offer it will be gone soon

The chances of finding another set like this are pretty slim so if anyone does fancy it do get in touch

John

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
have not seen such a set and never thought I would. Thanks for sharing. It is incredible. Wish something like that would come my way

Re: Gift set #25 garage layout 6 years, 3 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Was this posted on Facebook, looks familiar. 2K is what I'd put on this as it's worth due to it's completeness, condition and rarity.

Do not let any dealers rip you off as they will want to get it as cheap as possible and make a good profit.

My advice take it to an auction house.
  • Page: