Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887

Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #1

Junior Boarder
Hi All

I have purchase two of this model, and when they have come the trailer top has been green.  I wouldn't have minded but the photos have shown blue but come as green.  I have sent one of them back for a refund, but debating weather to send the 2nd one back.  If I could get the decals for this model, then I will restore the trailer back to the way it's meant to be.  Please could anyone tell me if they do the decals for this model, and if so where can I get them from, as I have looked on Ebay but with no success.......PLEASE HELP as I love this model and I don't want to have to send it back, as it's getting really frustrating..... getting something that's not what is stating.

Thanks, Clare

Re: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Could you supply a couple of photos on what you have written would be of help. Strange things can happen with images and depends on the lighting that the objects were exposed to when those photos were taken by the camera. I think the bluish green colour plastic top on the semi trailer is the norm for the O series Bedford while the TK has the blue top on its horse box semi trailer.

Re: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #3

Junior Boarder
It's ok Jim, I have found out today that they did make some in the turquoise colour on the trailer, so panic over, I don't need any decals. I will post on here some pics once I have restored the Bedford TK version, along with the Bedford O. Watch this space.......... lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
sold a couple earlier this year. one restored blue over red, and the other a later model yellow over green.

trailer was also revamped for another truck.

Re: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #5

I find Rob in Holland best for parts...This may be what you need..

www.modelcarparts.com/index.php?cPath=2_...p;sort=3a&page=2

Niall

Re: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
thanks Niall, just what I need for my French Dinky's

Re: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #7

RVREVO wrote:
thanks Niall, just what I need for my French Dinky's

richard if you need any parts let me know, I can get them for you and you can save money on shipping.

i am going to order parts too and collect them at the next namac

theo

Re: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #8

Junior Boarder
Thanks for that!! The model that was yellow over green is actually the Newmarket Racehorse transporter. Just thought that I would share some of my novice knowledge!!! lol

Re: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
How about the maroon/cream variant. has a different truck

Re: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #10

Junior Boarder
I haven't seen that variant before!!

Re: Corgi Chipperfields Bedford O Articulated Horsebox 97887 6 years, 5 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Might have the colour combo wrong, white cream top over bronze brown trailer and what looks like a Scammell truck.

Google images Corgi Horsebox and scroll down.

these trailer units take a lot of room so opted with the ones I have the most of.
But still eagerly following other people's collection.
This trailer is over forty years old and it's still the best patent design they have.
  • Page: