Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi Finds

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #76

Platinum Boarder

Who can spot the odd one out?

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
I'd say the Hammond's van. All the others have interchangeables rear parts?

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
Several of them do not have interchangeable parts.

But that was not the difference I was looking for.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
Back row, 2nd from the left - the red one is the version with Trans-O-Lites, also known from a few other Corgi models: Buick Riviera (#245), Rover 2000 standard (#252), Rover 2000 rally (#322) and VW Van 'Toblerone' (#441)

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #80

Platinum Boarder
I should have gone for the obvious red van which Tee described.
Second guessed myself, second place as usual.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
The Trans-O-Lites are unique to that red Constructor set van but there's another model that is unique from the rest.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
Military ambulance, front row, 2nd from left - it's not a Corgi (black wheels, 'chrome' side trim and white interior - I don't think Corgi ever made it with white interior)

I can't tell for sure from the photo, but my guess is, it could be a plastic copy, perhaps Telsalda?

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder
Got a couple of others that will fit yhis collection

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
I believe the plastic green Ambulance is one of two different mouldings marketed by both 'MEERHALL' and 'HODA'. The all black wheels are common to these to makes.

Rollerman.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Hello Mr Tee. I'll go for the military ambulance front row second from the left. Decals to large and look too new. The other is this ambulance made by Miltion in India from old Corgi dies.
Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #86

Platinum Boarder
That's right Gunnerjim.

Made in Calcutta by Morgan Milton

Would be interesting to learn more about Milton if anyone has more info.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Maxwell and Nicky toys can be added to these toys made in India. Where they, the toy manufactures had obtained some well known Corgi, Matchbox and Dinky dies . The Modal Collector magazine run a couple of articles on Nicky Toys.
Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #88

I have a Dinky 693 overprinted by Nickey..... The 7.2inch Howitzer must find it and put up a photo...rough finish, different tyres and colour...

Niall

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
Hi newbie here

I collect Studebakers and have been trying to post a pic of my Milton Golden Hawk, but it appears my browser (Firefox) won't let me.

Sorry I have just discovered the secret 

I can't add anything constructive to the discussion, except the pic. We go on holiday to Goa every year and have asked in just about every toy shop locally, but they all say no old toys everything is plastic & Chinese these days, they don't have 'old' stock either.

Have fun

Terry

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, Dinkydi

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 3 months ago #90

Platinum Boarder
Here is the 'MEERHALL' Commer I thought was the dark Green model in the earlier picture.

I touched on the 'MILTON' models on the 'VBD Forum' here...

Re: "MATCHBOX" copies etc.

by GHOSTHUNTER[/b] » Fri Oct 25, 2013 

I don't recall any copies off the top of my head, that could be classed as 'better than original' and you would expect any copies that have been made from Lesney supplied tooling and moulds to be 'as good as original' but tend not to be, only because in most cases, the moulds are not in good condition any more and the whole production process is not monitered with the same good quality control, as at Lesney.

Despite both 'MILTON' and 'MAXWELL' being in Calcutta, India, they seemed not to be connected in a business sense, but both companies were supplied with tooling from Lesney and Corgi, (among others) at the start of the seventies, with finished models coming to market in 1972 and an odd thing is that they each had only one 'Yesteryear' model, the Road Roller shown above from 'MAXWELL' and the model 'T' Ford from 'MILTON', but please forum members if you know this is not the case, lets hear from you.

I am looking at adding two similar threads on 'CORGI' and 'DINKY' very soon.

Regards,
GHOSTHUNTER.