Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi Finds

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #61

Platinum Boarder
Wow, I never knew Corgi made so many versions of the Polo. I only really knew of the bright green (which I have) and the gold/bronze with race numbers. Do you know if some of them were made for certain markets only?

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #62

Platinum Boarder
I think that the Adac, Polizei and DBP were for the German market and I imagine that the PTT was a Swiss issue.

The orange 289 Polo was possibly an export version also.

Adac is the rarest according to the Great book of Corgi with 3,000 sold in comparison the standard green 289 with 315,000 sold.

I can't find numbers for the Deutsche Bundespost but it's a rare one also.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #63

Platinum Boarder
Platform Trailer No. 101

First issued in 1958 with a wire tow bar then re-issued 1962-63 with a cast tow bar.

I suspect that this trailer may be part of Gift set GS11 (1960-64)

ERF Dropside Lorry with Cement & Plank loads.

The Platform Trailer collection so far.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #64

Platinum Boarder
Renault 5TS No. 293

SOS Medecins

Just received the version without the roof light.

Group shot.
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by CorgiCrossEyed.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #65

Platinum Boarder
with all these classic Corgi's how about some brand new ones?

Corgi has finally released Sir Winston Churchill's Morris Oxford Series VI

www.corgi.co.uk/morris-oxford-series-vi-...hill-smoke-grey.html

bought two.

Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #66

Platinum Boarder
It looks really, really good from the photo on their webpage. I particularly like the grille, that appears to be backwashed, giving it a much more realistic look than a plain chrome grille.

I have been looking at the previous issues of the Oxford from Vanguards (dark green) and been very close to buying, but always made last moment decisions in favour of other models, mostly because I already have Vanguards' sister model, the Austin A60 Cambridge. That one was issued way back in 2001, though, and comparing the two, the Morris looks much better - the Austin had a plain chrome grille (with the exception of a black Austin badge) and it really makes a difference.

Now if Corgi/Vanguards could also make an alternative version of the Morris Minor, the late one with the big turn signals like your Oxford and big multi-coloured taillights with chrome housing, I'd be very quick to snap one up.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #67

Platinum Boarder
There is a long list of classics I would be delighted to see. All the Morris Minor 1000 range need to be beefed up a little and if they just have the guts to do so they would make a huge profit on the entire range.
From the low light split window, two doors, four doors, boxvan and pick up truck, convertible roof up and down, traveller and flat deck with trailer. The occasional rally cars. And all the commercials. I could literally double my collection if they bring out a newly tooled MM.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #68

Platinum Boarder
I agree! All the models seem to be of the same type MM - it may very well be, that it's the 'most popular' and well known version, but the Minor is a classic in ALL guises and I really don't understand why we never see any of the others.

And, as you point out, new tools are sorely needed: none of the versions I've seen are up to the standards of modern diecasts. The Lledo/Vanguards is probably the closest, but it's from the very early days of Vanguards and is starting to look rather crude compared to what is possible today.

Oh, Minichamps have some fine 1/18 versions (of the standard type, of course), but they just don't display very well with 1/43 models.

By the way, there are some very exciting Vauxhall models on the way from Silas: the Victor FB, Victor VX4/90 and Cresta. Possibly FC and FD (much) later on.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #69

Platinum Boarder
Very nice model and I'm almost tempted with the Winston Churchill theme.

But I don't want to get started on Vanguards as I know that I'll be on a very slippery slope.

I try to focus on pre 1984 Corgi but I'm often tempted with the more modern TV themed sets.

I have my eye on Ashes to Ashes

www.corgi.co.uk/ashes-to-ashes-set-audi-...-2-8-mk2-police.html

And Mr Bean arrived today.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
Received nice and quick. Gave one to Dad.
Told him only thousand made in this color and had been waiting a year for corgi to bring it out.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #71

Platinum Boarder
Does it include Mr Bean teddy too.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #72

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:

Sorry GunnerJim. No Teddy in the set.

And no Teddy's in the James Bond sets either although I'm sure he's dealt with a few.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #73

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:

What a rip off Mr Bean will never go anywhere without his teddy.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #74

Platinum Boarder
It's also missing the hilarious armchair on the roof... how about that for a code 3 project

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 10 months ago #75

Platinum Boarder
'E' Type Jaguar No. 307