Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi Finds

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Well CorgiCrossEyed, it hurts me to have to do this, but I have passed on your details to the NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Corgis), and you will get a letter from them in due course...

...those poor Thunderbirds, how dare you leave them without a decent box, shame on you!

Rollerman.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
They are the bad guys for the ejector seat.

Two blue figures and one small red figure.

Last Edit: 6 years, 6 months ago by CorgiCrossEyed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dinkydi

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
TheRollerman wrote:
Well CorgiCrossEyed, it hurts me to have to do this, but I have passed on your details to the NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Corgis), and you will get a letter from them in due course...

...those poor Thunderbirds, how dare you leave them without a decent box, shame on you!

Rollerman.

Sorry......I'll change them back right away.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
From a retired Singapore Airlines flight attendant.

The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Ah the larger Bond DB5 here's the pre production version and one of my Bond holy grails... 

CorgiCrossEyed wrote:

They are the bad guys for the ejector seat.

Two blue figures and one small red figure.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
I really want a Corgi JB Aston, must get one this hear.

These are some nice models on show here.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
Should have no trouble finding a Bond Aston DinkyJay.

Perhaps not a pre-production version though.

Michael77 I hope you can tell us more about that.

And also the Rockets set. I just don't believe my eyes.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
Side view showing un chromed buttons that operate the ejector seat and front machine guns they are always chromed on the production versions and tinted windows that didn't appear on the production models

Front view showing the resin front grill and bumper the grill and bumper on the production version is gold coloured plastic that is much thinner too

Rear view showing the resin back bumper and metal rear bullet shield the production version is grey plastic used for the bullet shield and the over riders are also un chromed 

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
My Aston has a metal bullet shield on the rear. I don't see the exhaust in the bottom picture of your car. My activating buttons are not chrome but bare metal. Even the exhaust. Rams and guns on the front too are unchromed. I also have rotating licence plates and wheel spinners but I don't think they would be on the Pre Pro model.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder

Jim yours is the previous 1:43 incarnation 1968/78 with tyre slashers revolving plates etc mine is the last incarnation the larger 1;36 version that was basically a budget Bond Aston without the tyre slashers revolving plates and the rear bullet screen is operated by pressing the rear over riders inwards as it doesn't have an exhaust at the rear
Last Edit: 6 years, 6 months ago by michael77.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
That explains it then. Don't know much about the different cars and such as I am more into Dinky than Corgi. Just aquired this one on the old Toy Collector Auction part of the site. Along with the Matchbox Car Carrier in a blue/green cab with orange trailer, K-8, with really good box. Both for about $80 including shipping.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
The 1;36 version came with 2 wheel types 4 spokes and 12 spoke dished wheels as shown and more pics of my pre production sample can be seen here 

www.corgi.free.fr/Pages/271_V1_1978-1980.htm

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
Love how you reveal some of the rarest Corgi's Michael.

Is that an original Pop Art Mini?

That Corgi DB5 website is brilliant. Only discovered it recently.

www.corgi.free.fr/Pages/Intro.htm

www.batmobile.free.fr/English/Intro.htm

What's your invlovement with that website Michael?

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
I have no involvement in the website whatsoever and yes it's a 100% genuine 349 pop art mini

Last Edit: 6 years, 6 months ago by michael77.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
Michael I think a group shot of all the Bond Astons would be great, in order of release.