Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi Finds

Re: Corgi Finds 9 years, 3 months ago #106

Platinum Boarder

Re: Corgi Finds 9 years, 3 months ago #107

Platinum Boarder
Yes the boxes from the early 70s are the best and its a shame that they only lasted for 3 years as the dark blue and two tone stripe boxes don't even come close in a aesthetic point of view

Re: Corgi Finds 9 years, 3 months ago #108

Platinum Boarder
I remember a toy shop near me where they kept the models on shelves behind the counter & you could only see the end flaps of the boxes , this is where after seeing the ones on display the shop keeper would get the model you wanted to buy from & put it in a bag for you.
Last Edit: 9 years, 3 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Corgi Finds 9 years, 3 months ago #109

Platinum Boarder
Yes the dealer display models weren't the ones you actually bought as you say they would be behind the counter and those dealer display models in their boxes with the removable headed cards and card display stands/counter display cartons full of the good stuff I've recently seen a Corgi 336 Bond Toyota 2000GT counter tray complete with 48 models all mint boxed! But there was too many zeros on the price tag

Re: Corgi Finds 9 years, 3 months ago #110

Platinum Boarder
That must have been a rare find I understand the price

Re: Corgi Finds 9 years, 3 months ago #111

Platinum Boarder
Yes it would be rare if not unique the only other Bond related counter tray is the 2CV from the film For Your Eyes Only and the last time it went under the hammer it sold for £10K and the full tray of 2000GTs was double the price but some well heeled collector has it as it is no longer for sale

Re: Corgi Finds 9 years, 3 months ago #112

Platinum Boarder
I am  not a huge fan of the whizzwheels but I do like a few though. That boxed Ford GT70 you have Andy is one of my favourite of all models and eras. I love the way Corgi did the hubs and the red gem tail lights against the green paint is very striking.

Re: Corgi Finds 9 years, 2 months ago #113

Platinum Boarder
The Whizzwheels era would certainly be a period I identify with so I guess I have a soft spot for them.

Especially when you find one in good condition, it's something very special.

I'm continuing to be utterly inspired by Andy's collection of Hong Kong copies that I can't help but look out for the Corgi ones.

I think I found some within Blue Box's Home Farm Eqipment series.

Seems that the tractor is a copy of Corgi's Fordson Power Major and the Fork mechanism is taken from the Massey Ferguson.

The Four Furrow Plough seems to be a direct copy also.
Last Edit: 9 years, 2 months ago by CorgiCrossEyed.

Re: Corgi Finds 8 years, 10 months ago #114

Platinum Boarder

Thought I might try another "spot the odd one out" with the Corgi Impala.

But this time there are two imposters in the ranks.

Re: Corgi Finds 8 years, 10 months ago #115

Platinum Boarder
Front row at the far end, Black Impala and the Fire Chief Car behind it in the back row, far end. Both are Dinky Toys, I think.
Jim
Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi Finds 8 years, 10 months ago #116

Platinum Boarder
Are they the Two models with Right-Hand drive and are they by 'MAXWELL'...?

Rollerman.

Re: Corgi Finds 8 years, 10 months ago #117

Platinum Boarder
No Dinky's but there is a Maxwell.

The other is Milton.

The Milton seems to have a much better casting than the Maxwell which makes me wonder if Maxwell used the original tooling.
Last Edit: 8 years, 10 months ago by CorgiCrossEyed.

Re: Corgi Finds 8 years, 10 months ago #118

Platinum Boarder
Probably one of my Corgi-Toys best finds, and one of my Corgi-Toys best bargains.

The box is really superb and the very very very near mint model works perfectly without any oil fill.

And here are my Cambridge family

Re: Corgi Finds 8 years, 10 months ago #119

Looks like it has never been played with, it is certainly in a fantastic condition
The following user(s) said Thank You: Corky

Re: Corgi Finds 8 years, 10 months ago #120

Platinum Boarder
That's superb.

Collecting at its finest.

And with the Great Book of Corgi declaring that only 10,202 were made, this will always be one of the most sought after early models.

Here's my collection.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Corky