Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi Finds

Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Finally have one.

A pre-Corgi CWS Van.

Made by Mettoy and the casting later used for the Corgi Karrier Bantam.

Nice to add another Mack to the collection.

Mack Container Truck No. 1106

I'm starting to get into Juniors also.

I'll try to stick to pre-crash Juniors though.

Military Gift Set No. 3029

I don't think I've seen the Army Land Rover wrecker on card.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #2

All nice additions to any collection...To get that Mettoy must be nigh on impossible.... That's one I've never seen or heard of before....

Niall

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
Found this on ebay - $79.00 - had to have it. Rare piece - I've never seen one myself.  Love it!

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #4

These are so nice, As Niall said, never seen them and almost impossible to get. Well done

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I'm sure that there were only two Corgi's at last Friday night's toy fair at Granville.

And well, I couldn't just leave them there...

Mini 100 Camping gift set GS38

Does anyone have an idea of what the original tie for the Mini should look like?

Should it be a rubber band?

Also spotted a boxed Heinkel in red.

Noticed later that there is no sign of silver detailing to the front bumper.

There is on the back though.

Wonder if it was missed in the factory.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #6

Expert Boarder
Nice catch! The lady looks like she's in a tanning booth!

What did you pay for the boxed Heinkel? I saw one at a show earlier this year at $95.00. Too high for me - but I've noticed they seem to be increasing in value lately.

Dave

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
There was a $90 price on the Heinkel but I did get a fair discount at the end.

Not sure if I would have still bought it had I noticed the missing silver detailing.

But still, there were only two Corgi's in the entire fair so I wasn't picky.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #8

Expert Boarder
I was at a show a few weeks ago - picked up some used models. I never did a restoration yet - A few of these will be great candidates. I'll post pictures of them later - great buys. Think I wound up paying 30.00 for all of them. It was an automotive swap meet - I was really surprised at the amount of Corgis I found!

I have an Orange Heinkel that I got when I was a kid! Box is long gone.. if I only knew to keep them back then!

Dave

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Some very nice models here, CorgicrossEyed, the Mini Camping Set is amongst my favourite in the corgi sets , I saved my pocket money to buy this set as a kid & the Mini ended up being painted black with red coach lines , I will post picture if it s at hand. This is quiet a rare set & I replaced mine with a boxed set a couple of years ago (see "some of my Corgi's), to my knowledge the mini was held in place with a rubber/Rafia (nylon) band type cord tied through the doors & the card base . Later Corgis had plastic holders which held the model in by squeezing the lugs in & placing them between the card & the wheels.
Last Edit: 6 years, 6 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Andy, I wasn't sure if that nylon string tying the Mini to the base was original.

Wasn't aware that there was a later version with plastic clamps.

I've been looking back at some of the past Corgi posts. There are certainly some brilliant collections out there.

Loved your post with some of your Corgi's Andy.

Don't recall ever seeing a musical Thames ice cream van with inner packaging and decal sheet before.

A couple of Corgi's arrived today.

My previous Joe's Diner was missing the side hatch so I needed an upgrade to go alongside the patates frites version.

and I think I now have all versions of the 422 "Corgi Toys" Bedford

The following user(s) said Thank You: pat-0352

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #11

Senior Boarder
Nice models you show us here and I love those variations.

Patrick

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Some nice models here CorgiCrossEyed , I have the Hong Kong plastic copies of a few of these.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 6 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Some super stuff there, those Bedfords are hard to get and you got all three! Great job on that.

The CWS drinks truck is a real find too, don't see many of them about.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 5 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
Some nice models here CorgiCrossEyed , I have the Hong Kong plastic copies of a few of these.

Thanks Andy.

Those plastic copies are amazing.

It's interesting to see how much they go for on Ebay.

Can't believe this:
An Austin Driving School copy is at £444 with 6 hours to go.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/380915922700?ssPageN...id=p3984.m1423.l2649

edit: actually make that £609 with 5h 57m to go.

I'll leave that one for the serious bidders.

But I couldn't resist with this "Blue-Box" Safari Landrover.

Can't wait to see it.
I'm sure it was inspired by the Corgi "Lions of Longleat" set.

A few have arrived in the meantime.

James Bond.

The DB5's are in the same style box but with different rims.
The paint finish is different too which is a bit puzzling.

The 1133 Scania dump truck can't be easy to find.
But I was probably the only person in the world actively looking for one.

Also picked up the Yesteryear Rolls Royce at the same time as it reminded me of one I had when I was knee high.
Last Edit: 6 years, 5 months ago by CorgiCrossEyed.

Re: Corgi Finds 6 years, 5 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Hello Corgicrosseyed, You've bagged yourself some nice Corgi models there and one 'Models of Yesteryear' Rolls-Royce. The Rolls-Royce is what I collect and have been chasing a particular variation of the one you show. Can it be possible you can photograph the Rolls-Royce on its own but keeping the model in the same position. I am looking for the version with a 'Copper' Fire Extinquisher instead of the 'Gold' one seen on most of these models and if yours is one, I can swap it for another model if you want, I have plenty of Mint-in-box spare models.

Rollerman.