Corgi Militaria planes ~ Need help
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Militaria planes ~ Need help

Corgi Militaria planes ~ Need help 6 years, 8 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hey guys,  New to the site and collecting Corgi.  I'm excited to have found Corgi and their military airplanes.  I'm also hoping to move into militaria ships but I'm going to concentrate on the WWi & WWII airplanes first.  I'm having trouble finding good reference material on Corgi and the military airplane sector.  Can anyone help my ignorance in figuring out the quality levels of their planes; i.e. "Aviation Archive", "Legends", "Nose Art", so on.  I know I haven't found all the different "levels" and/or groups.  Any information in helping figuring out the quality hierarchy, etc. is very appreciated.  Thanks, Mike

Re: Corgi Militaria planes ~ Need help 6 years, 8 months ago #2

First of all welcome....Corgi Military airplanes...not a topic that comes up often...I've seen some of these and the quality looks great...But I know very little about these....Can you show photo's....

I looked up Corgi aircraft

www.corgi.co.uk/shop/the-aviation-archive/

Hope this helps...

Niall

Re: Corgi Militaria planes ~ Need help 6 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hello and welcome to Planet Diecast. When it was Toy Collector there was a data base being made of all toys, all variations but that was too daunting for it to become a reality. The previous owners of this site have scrapped most of it and taken it down but they did start on a new format for this data base. They started off with Airplanes so it may come in handy for you. Follow the link below to find it.

www.hobbydb.com/index.php?option=com_zoo...=item&Itemid=279

I am not into the planes much but I have a nose art of Dirty Dick, very nice, and I have a few Dinky planes. You may find this site valuable. Take your time and look it over.

I took a bit of a look so here is some on Corgi planes.

www.hobbydb.com/index.php?option=com_fil...ated_to_produced_by/{Corgi}

I guess that does not do much. Use the search part and type in Corgi in the Produced by section

I have no idea what is there so good luck.

Jim
Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi Militaria planes ~ Need help 6 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I know these are not cheap and often see them going for £40+ on the bay. 

I'm not much into these although these planes are highly detailed and look great.

Re: Corgi Militaria planes ~ Need help 6 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
FYI:  forum for model airplanes only:

http://www.miniatureaircraftcollectors.com/

talks about Corgi every so often.
  • Page: