VA06518 ROVER P6 3500 VIP PLATINUM
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: VA06518 ROVER P6 3500 VIP PLATINUM

VA06518 ROVER P6 3500 VIP PLATINUM 6 years, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
New for 2014 and only freshly brought out is this stunning Rover 3500 from Corgi Vanguards.

Its in scale 1/43, but what scale would that make the Sixties Corgi's?

The crux of the situation is that New Zealand relies heavily on import. The toyshops choose what will sell and make a quick turnaround. They are not specialized hobbyshops with a steady returning clientele, and having checked online the shops have not got this car yet, at least in NZ.

included is a Diamond Jubilee Souvenir Keyring, pamplets, numbered collector card 0757 out of 1000 produced, which is nice.

and you can see a clear difference in scale despite both being the same scale of 1/43.

Kind Regards, Richard K

Re: VA06518 ROVER P6 3500 VIP PLATINUM 6 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Was £22.95 to buy. R.O.W. postage with DHL signed delivery within 3 days cost £30.
NZ$111 all up through PayPal has made me think I can undercut the local market by getting clearance sale stock cheap and make a nice profit.
Especially as they are htf locally.
Anyhoo, ordered five more brand-new corgi directly from the factory.
Couple Morris J2 vans, Bedford CA based on a Vauxhall Viva, Thames Anglia, and the Skyfall DB5. All these were £23 all up, plus £30 postage, and a little more in anD dollars.
I'd say twenty bucks a pop would make me square. But if there's a bidwar...

In the meantime, I'm back at work after a four week holiday. Didn't go anywhere but my collection is much reduced.

Kind Regards, Richard K

Re: VA06518 ROVER P6 3500 VIP PLATINUM 6 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
As you can read it here (even in French), the 2000 TC was in 1/46.

www.corky.fr/?page_id=574#recap

Re: VA06518 ROVER P6 3500 VIP PLATINUM 6 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
ok, but that is not the point.
It's a highly detailed, beautiful model for a poor man's Rolls Royce.

Re: VA06518 ROVER P6 3500 VIP PLATINUM 6 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Richard this Rover is a lovely piece of work I like it lots. Weird thing the scale I thought vanguards would have been the same scale as the old Corgi's but obviously not.

They do make some very nice cars in the Vanguards range, are you getting any more?

Re: VA06518 ROVER P6 3500 VIP PLATINUM 6 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Yes, thanks. I'm buying them direct, but the current stock does not appeal much to me.

Just checked my order list and I am getting a few unique vans.
  • Page: