Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 5 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
The silver re-issue came in today:

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 4 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Ecclesley wrote:
Great page Stéphane. thanks a lot.

I have a question regarding the Corgi 1912 Ghost. I found several models with a gold coloured and several with a silver coloured roof rack, both having jewelled headlights.

Is this correct?

The 'Gold' colour of this roof is old-age deteriation. The model was lacquered when new at the factory, but over time (these were launched in 1966-69), this protective coat goes yellowy-gold. I don't know of a way to restore this, so it has to stay like it and ruin otherwise good models. The main body of the model was not protected in the same way, so it stays in it's original silver-grey colour, I don't know why Corgi had to do this just to the roof section, strange, but some suffer more than others. I believe the earliest models (the first ones from 1966), are the worst examples and it seems Corgi slowly deleted this coating on later examples.

TheRollerman.
Last Edit: 6 years, 4 months ago by TheRollerman.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 3 months ago #33

Well, I like that golden roof rack. I think it finishes the car off with a high standard.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 3 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder

Have I got the above correct ?

Rollerman.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 3 months ago #35

Yes I think you are right

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 3 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Thank's RoutemasterNL, anyone know what I can do, or what I have to do to rectify this.

Rollerman.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 5 years, 2 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
I don't remember now why I wanted to link to another part of the forum when I posted a screen-grab about a missing link symbol, but it would have been connected to the Corgi Rolls-Royce being discussed in this thread, so instead I will post some pictures of most of my examples of this model.

The front row are the original 1966-1969 issues with the 1970 'Hardy Boys' issue, 1970 Silver-Grey re-issue and one solitary 1985 re-issue on the back row.

Black or Grey exhaust and rear brake drums.

Very hard to find Tan window frames and the common Brown frames.

Two box types with or without text telling us about removal of the model from the rear.

...and my version with steering, revolving starting-handle and a 'Spirit of Ecstacy' mascot made out of a single strand of wire, filled with solder, fixed onto a pin and passed through a hole in the radiator cap and then into a small piece of tubing, allowing the mascot to be turned as on the real car to prevent the bonnet panel hitting the mascot.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL