Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost

Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Just got this one, but I think it needs the Jewel headlights? Doesn't look like it has them anyone know where I can get a pair?

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 10 months ago #2

Drak,
for what I can see, the surface of the headlights is flat, so the coneshaped jewelled headlights that I have got on stock, won't fit.
I have some self adhesive ones that have a flat back. Can you measure the diameter of the headlights, I can send you some, no problem mate

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hi Drak, well that is a coincidence (telepathy?), I bought the same car in black last Saturday. I will get it at the next model car swap meet on the 15th of Feb.

Regarding the jewelled headlights, my Ghost does not have them (either). I wonder if they really belong there?. One person who knows more about this will probably be Corky (Stéphane)

It looks like some have them and some came without.
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I'm here Captain !

It's the 1985 limited edition.
It never had jewel lights.

See here : www.corky.fr/?page_id=609
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Corky.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Stéphane you made that very clear.

By the way that bordeaux one is smashing, one was for sale on Ebay last week, but somehow I forgot and now it is gone. Are they really very rare?

Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I got them all. They were produced in limited number. But how many were played with ?

And they're less beautiful than the original one that was in Marcel R. Van Cleemput top ten.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Theo your a champion Though as it's a re-issue as Stephane says they aren't missing after all. When I saw the Spare wheel on top had spokes I wondered if it was a knock off, so went looking on the net but came up blank.  The pics are from the seller so once I saw the base said corgi classic I figured maybe they were missing hence the cheaper price. So have to wait till it arrives to measure and may still put the Jewel's onfor effect.

(plays Twilight Zone theme at Gerrit) Lol! we are on the same wavelength it seems.

And here's the real one it was modelled on still going strong after 100 years.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Well I got mine in today's mail and it looks nice, a bit more plastic on it than I was expecting (thought it might be all metal) and the lights are convex so that rules out putting Jewel head lights on it unless I file them flat, not sure I want to do that, so thanks for the offer Theo but will pass for now

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
The guy who would sell me the black one, forgot to take it with him at the NAMAC swap meet, so I have to wait until the next.

In the meantime I found a silver grey one, picked it up and like you was surprised by the feel of plastic, it was so light. I did not buy it (yet)

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Only wings and base are mazak made. All the upper side is plastic.

I really prefer the first release though I've the three later ones too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drak

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Oh that's a pity, was going to ask you if it was all metal. So at least you know what the Silver one is like to compare when you get yours. But yes I was quite surprised and maybe a little dissapointed, will have to find out from Stephane if they all had plastic or just the re releases.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Even the very first one is plastic made. But a fantastic model at the time.
And the real car is the more expensive RR ever sold today. About $7,000,000.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 9 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that Stephane, though they would have been real nice in all metal. I do like it it's a very well done model.

Wow! $7 mill that's incredible. But I do believe it's the only one of it's kind left?

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
No !
I know similar ones. I even saw two of them and still have a picture of one I have to find and post here. Not exactly the same body but a pre-war limousine.

Re: Corgi 1912 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 6 years, 9 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Corky wrote:
Even the very first one is plastic made. But a fantastic model at the time.
And the real car is the more expensive RR ever sold today. About $7,000,000.

Corky did this one sell for more than the 1904 10HP 2 Seater ?