A particularly excellent #336
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: A particularly excellent #336

A particularly excellent #336 6 years, 10 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
aHello, friends -

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd ask a little guidance.  I'm not a toy dealer or "hardcore collector," and I also don't want to disrespect the forum with a blatant sales pitch.

I have a Corgi model #336 that I bought new when I was 8 years old - actually I think it was the first "thing" I ever bought with my own money.  I haven't seen another that's as complete as mine, and I'd like to sell it; however the collectors I've dealt with have been rather frustrating so I've decided to sell it myself. 

Everything is as it was when I bought it  - the package and display card have no rips or tears (some minor wear at corners), and the car itself is perfect (as a kid, I loved it too much to do anything other than look at it).  The "007 figure" has a splotch of paint on the back that is the same color as the shirt, which I assume is just an error from when it was painted at the factory (nothing has been painted or restored by me). The boot and missile launch mechanism works perfectly and all 8 missiles are still there, along with instructions and a cloth lapel sticker that I couldn't bear to use. 

My simple question - is Ebay really the best way to sell something like this?  I do believe it to be more valuable than the cheap offers I've been provided here in Colorado.  I do love it but "times are hard," and my kids don't have much interest in it.  Thanks for reading and if it helps, I'm happy to post some pictures.  Cheers!

Re: A particularly excellent #336 6 years, 10 months ago #2

Fresh Boarder
Correction - I just checked and there are only six missles in the "secret instructions" envelope.

Re: A particularly excellent #336 6 years, 10 months ago #3

First of all welcome aboard...

This is a nice item

Selling on E-Bay is an obvious option...but you've no guarantee that'll you'll get the price you want..

How good a condition is it in..have you a photo...

Corgi's are nice items but not my area of expertise..Some would say I'm a expert in nothing  so on this one, lets hear from the Corgi collectors...

Niall
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Dublin6.

Re: A particularly excellent #336 6 years, 10 months ago #4

Fresh Boarder
Hello Niall -

Not sure about that link - on my screen it was so long it hurt my head! 

I'll post some pictures later today.

Cheers!

Phil

Re: A particularly excellent #336 6 years, 10 months ago #5

Fixed the link...not sure what happened there...

Niall

Re: A particularly excellent #336 6 years, 10 months ago #6

Hello Phill,
and welcome from The Netherlands.
Condition is everything, that is also true for the box.
Take your time deciding whether you really want to sell it or keep it. You are not the first that regrets when sold (myself f.i. )

Re: A particularly excellent #336 6 years, 10 months ago #7

Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Dublin6.
  • Page: