Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #16

very nice, you did well winning this one.
And thanks for the link that is a very interesting website

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks Theo I've just got these 3 to get to complete my Corgi Bond pre production set pretty much doubt I'll get them though...

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #18

I have got the white one for sale on ebay at the moment, well not a prepro ofcourse

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Only 2 prepro Lotus's exist and they sold for big money too and  the standard issue box with a small hammer and sicle printed commands a premium and what I suppose is the ultimate Bond Lotus is the gold one mounted on a plinth that was given to the stars and the Royals that attended the royal premier of the spy who loved me back in 1977 those go for £000s

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Looks to me like the ejection seat has been broken off the arm that is part of the movement.

These come from the Gold edition Car I restored last year. I also note that your James Bond is wearing a bow tie and this one has a straight tie. So does the silver Bond Aston I have here in my collection.

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Another thing I just noticed is the wear on the roof hatch from a Passenger being ejected a number if times or the seat back which is no longer present. If not the bad guy or seat, then why the scratched off paint? Are not Pre Production models built to make sure everything fits and works? Why no Seat then.
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
The scratched roof hatch probably from the passenger seat that's not there anymore

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Nice score Michael. 

The price was good too although I would not be surprised that you could get 4 x what you paid for it.

Could this model be from Marcels collection?

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Could be from the Marcel Van Cleemput collection but others who worked in the design dept at Corgi have also sold pre production samples too as for its value I've no idea but its a Bond car and those are at a premium

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 4 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Any info on the Bradshaw collection of Corgi? As I think that the prototype Bond Aston I've got came from this collection as the Bradshaw collection is another important collection that is on a par with the Van Cleemput collection whom both where employed by Mettoy incidentally the gold coloured brass prototype on the front cover of only 4 made 2 went to the Bond film producers Cubby Broccoli and Harry Saltzman and the other 2 where supposed to have been for bigwigs at United Artists (the studio that made the Bond films ) but legend has it they never made it...

• Page: