Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs

Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
A late 70s version of Bonds iconic DB5 in pre production form and I'll be very surprised if it goes for less than a four figure sum

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corgi-diecast-Pre-Pro...;hash=item51b7f13610

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #2

And I suspect I know someone that will be bidding on this one...  

Niall

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I'll have a go if you don't try you won't reap the rewards... I've seen one of these before but that one had a black plastic/ resin base with black plastic roof hatch and rear bullet screen and that one was for sale at a four figure sum 9 years ago and if this one goes haywire then I will leave it be

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Im gonna have a few bids on some others he as for sale but i dont personally think the bond cars worth that much, well not to me anyway but know doubt someone may. Four figures, i cant see it! but time will tell.

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I know of 2 big Bond collectors that have unlimited budgets for all things Bond that will definitely be interested in this model just hope they don't bid on it... Who I'm I trying to kid...

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I won it...

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Congrats Michael nice score.

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Drak it was silent until the last 10 minuets then the bid war begun and I beat them all! That hasn't happened for quite some time me actually winning!

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Wonderful feeling isn't it? The thrill of the win Gotta love this hobby makes me feel alive lol!.

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #10

Michael

Delighted to see you won it...always nice to see these items going to someone that will appriciate them..rather than someone hoping to make a quick buck...That'll look well in your collection...and it'll be in your top buys of 2014...

Niall

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I will definitely appreciate it plus with it being a pre production sample even more so as any Corgi pre production sample from the Mettoy Playcraft era (1956-1983) hardly ever come to the open market and this DB5 is going nowhere as I know plenty of dealers where after this and would have it up for sale for double or even quadruple the price I paid and for once I've beaten them and that's an occurrence that doesn't happen often

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #12

Well done Michael, what a great way to starting the year
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael77

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #13

Cam

Platinum Boarder
How can you tell it is a pre-pro? I don't quite follow the description on the listing.

Cam

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
You can tell its a pre production model by the resin front grill and bumper also the rear bumper is resin the windows are tinted and the rear bullet shield is made from metal where non of which where on the full production model

Re: Corgi Bond pre production Aston Martin up for grabs 6 years, 10 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
It's arrived the underside

The rear bullet shield note the bare metal finish on the prototype (the one on the left)

The rear bumper and also of note there is that there is no detailing on the prototype but there is on the production model plus the boot lid is more prominent on the production model also

The interior no passanger seat or steering wheel!

Front bumper and grill made from resin as is the rear bumper

Tinted windows on the prototype whereas the production model has clear windows 

And here is the only other larger scale Corgi Bond DB5 pre pro sample that I know of can be seen here

www.corgi.free.fr/Pages/271_V1_1978-1980.htm
  • Page: