Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Some of my Corgi Toy's

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #76

Platinum Boarder
The van is looking good. I have the military mobile kitchen Smith's Kerrier van.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
Nice work so far. Paint the cone a light tan and decals will make it just right. I would polish up the hubs too.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks, I was not happy with the cone as I made a colour & it went too red I will make another, I am planning to paint the wheels cream & axle stub pink or the the other way round. The new window unit came today I have fitted it.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
Might I suggest what I did on one of my Mr Whippy's. This one sold for over $200 US as most of them did.

Not the colors of the ice cream cone.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #80

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Nobleco, I have looked at your vans & they are top marks. I have fitted the new window unit & painted the wheels , still waiting for the decals I will have to chase them. I have looked at some other code 3 models & noticed that they have the price lists in the windows are these custom made?

I have also changed the tyre's for some "chunkier" ones

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
The hubs and tires look great and your ice cream cone fills the bill well.
As to the menu items on the window, they do not come with the decal sets I buy from SF so I am assuming they are custom. The decals from Steve F are not cheap though but you get a few extra that I don't use.

As you can see from the photo below, there are different decals for the back side of the van behind the window. The first photo I showed was with the single one that comes from the set of decals. These are 2 that come with the set. You have to buy 2 sets to get the first ones I have shown

Enjoy a Sundae Today

Freshly Made for You.

Last Edit: 5 years, 8 months ago by Nobleco.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
That looks well , can't wait for my decals. I will see what I can do with the price list

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder

I decided this Rover deserved a new life with a slight "code 3" the colour is hard to match so got this purple & made it into a folded back open Webasto roof , until I took the ar apart I thought that all the glazing was yellow but it is just the roof & the yellow seats which give it this appearance. I have another wrecker which I will get the correct colour for & put back factory

Last Edit: 5 years, 8 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
Both your ice cream vans look great! With the original wheels or the wheels painted can be done both, as the combinations both look good to me. 

The Rover is also well done! Big fun to see that a small change can cause a big difference. Did you buy a new front bumper/lights/grille unit?

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Yes I replaced the grill & bumper  & rear bumper had to matt black the middle, as the original yellow roof was cracked in half I decided to change , all done this afternoon thanks to a hair dryer!

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #86

Platinum Boarder
The only thing I can think of is that personally I would have changed the wheels......

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
I decided not to as it is the desirable Whizz wheels one, you have to draw the line on some changes.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #88

Platinum Boarder
Good catch of the Lucky 'Fire Engine' Andy, so nice to see the original packaging and I love the Rover and the amount of Code 3ness you have done. This is one Corgi Toy I always wanted when it first came into the pocket catalogue, but somehow it never came my way and I still do not have one...one Day I'll get it...!

Rollerman.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
many thanks Rollerman

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 years, 8 months ago #90

Platinum Boarder
Decals arrived at last.

I am not happy with the Enjoy a Sundae decal I think I have put it on wrong I have a different one may replace

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls