Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Some of my Corgi Toy's

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #556

Platinum Boarder
Here is another link you might like to look at. Shows movements of different types and there is one similar to yours for the Corgi.
www.nidec-sankyo.co.jp/orgel/e/movement.html

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #557

Platinum Boarder
How many teeth are on the Wall's Ice Cream music Comb?

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #558

Platinum Boarder
<p>Guys, I described the model and restauration years ago. The Hong Kong company still makes musical devices, but not the comb you need. I adressed them - in English- added pictures, and someone said to contact a collegue about it. After five of these people I was back at number one.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Keesie.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #559

Platinum Boarder
<p>By the way, Van Cleemput says there is a 'SWISS precision instrument' inside!!!!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, examine the comb. In the worst case there are several teeth missing. You will find there is an intact one next to each damaged or missing one. Meaning, not all teeth are used. So, drill out the two holes of the comb, make them slightly bigger. Put it back in place with the same screws, but do not screw them tight yet. Because he holes are slightly bigger you can now move the comb untill the intact teeth touch the knobs. Then tighten the screws. Done! ONLY move the handle CLOCKWISE, otherwise the teeth will break.</p>

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #560

Platinum Boarder
12 in total, 6 are used.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #561

Platinum Boarder
Great reference links thank you Nobleco

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #562

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Keesie! Yes, only certain teeth are used. I don't have mine readily available but I remember, the missing teeth were ones needed to play all the notes. I was able to adjust the position of the comb so that all notes would play. I was lucky that the two missing teeth are the ends so I could nudge the comb over by a tooth and all notes would still get struck. However, each note now plays the next tooth over. Not a big deal, just means tune is slightly out of tune. But one wouldn't know that unless another model was played beside it.
It would still be nice to have an intact comb

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #563

Platinum Boarder
I am glad Keesie came on to fill this thread in. I went looking but could not find the tread he refers to but I was only about 4 years into it when my wife called me upstairs.
Thanks Keesie for the number of teeth uses and thanks Tick, glad to help where I can. There was nothing available on eBay that I could find, just toys and some really expensive like it was said earlier in this thread.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #564

Platinum Boarder
<p>Here the topic, 5 years ago......pictures are gone.</p>
<p>www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...temid=2455</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, Tick

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #565

Platinum Boarder
Andy, I just realised the very first entry in this thread is your picture of a minty musical ice cream model. Do you still have that one?

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #566

Platinum Boarder
Keesie has a lot of knowledge that is for sure.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #567

Platinum Boarder
It is great having Keesie to advise on Corgi toys his knowledge is excellent & with other members knowledge that's what makes this a great site.
Tick here are my others, I cannot find my broken one

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, RoutemasterNL

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #568

Platinum Boarder
TWO MINT AND BOXED !!!!
Very nice!

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #569

Platinum Boarder
There is topic on here regards the Promotional one

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #570

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks for that compliment guys. I could type a long 'monologue' about this, but it is just a matter of opening up a model, taking pictures and thinking of ways to make it better.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66