Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Some of my Corgi Toy's

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 weeks, 1 day ago #541

Platinum Boarder
Early Bedford Domobile, when I was a kid it was the later Bedford Romany camper that I used to look at & wish I was on holiday, as a kid I was from a big family so holidays were rare , therefore I have a soft spot for these campers & I have now made myown.
I kept the elevated roof I cutoff from the airborne Thames & I have now made it a closed down roof for the Bedford , if you google these early CA vans you will see the Port hole window & see where I got the idea.

she is my world

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 weeks, 1 day ago #542

Platinum Boarder
Made a new toy out of it and it looks really good. Nice job on the port holes too.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 weeks, 1 day ago #543

Platinum Boarder
Excellent Andy conversion into a campervan.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 weeks, 1 day ago #544

That is a great use of obsolete parts and you invented a whole new campervan!. Looks great in this twotone

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 16 hours, 14 minutes ago #545

Platinum Boarder
I have been looking for a Thames Walls Ice cream van to paint in a different colour at a cheap price, I got this one which the seller says he stripped down as the chimes stopped working, it will be a nice project if I can get it working , the model is complete minus a sliding window.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 16 hours, 6 minutes ago #546

Platinum Boarder
I love this model and have one myself. In pieces. The chimes work but two prongs have broken off. I managed to slide the entire part over so that each bump on the music wheel is aligned with a prong, but because I shifted it over, the melody plays slightly off tune. Im looking forward to how you put it all back together and paint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 15 hours, 49 minutes ago #547

Platinum Boarder
It is one of my favourites too , I have a few now including the one made in china which will be rare as they have since stopped trading.
It will be a job for me when I feel a bit better, so watch this space