Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Some of my Corgi Toy's

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 4 months, 2 weeks ago #541

Platinum Boarder
Early Bedford Domobile, when I was a kid it was the later Bedford Romany camper that I used to look at & wish I was on holiday, as a kid I was from a big family so holidays were rare , therefore I have a soft spot for these campers & I have now made myown.
I kept the elevated roof I cutoff from the airborne Thames & I have now made it a closed down roof for the Bedford , if you google these early CA vans you will see the Port hole window & see where I got the idea.

she is my world

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 4 months, 2 weeks ago #542

Platinum Boarder
Made a new toy out of it and it looks really good. Nice job on the port holes too.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 4 months, 2 weeks ago #543

Platinum Boarder
Excellent Andy conversion into a campervan.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 4 months, 2 weeks ago #544

That is a great use of obsolete parts and you invented a whole new campervan!. Looks great in this twotone

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #545

Platinum Boarder
I have been looking for a Thames Walls Ice cream van to paint in a different colour at a cheap price, I got this one which the seller says he stripped down as the chimes stopped working, it will be a nice project if I can get it working , the model is complete minus a sliding window.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #546

Platinum Boarder
I love this model and have one myself. In pieces. The chimes work but two prongs have broken off. I managed to slide the entire part over so that each bump on the music wheel is aligned with a prong, but because I shifted it over, the melody plays slightly off tune. Im looking forward to how you put it all back together and paint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #547

Platinum Boarder
It is one of my favourites too , I have a few now including the one made in china which will be rare as they have since stopped trading.
It will be a job for me when I feel a bit better, so watch this space

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #548

Platinum Boarder
Will do.

I've wanted to replace the metal prong piece which I now know is called the "comb" (thanks Google). Go figure, as that's what it looks like. But even beat up models are pricey and you wont know if the condition of the comb is complete until you buy the model and open it. Music feature may not work but that doesn't mean the comb is to blame. So paying for a non working or beat up model is a gamble.

I am not aware of any supplier who makes a repo comb. I guess I could try making one and experiment with various pieces of metal.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #549

Platinum Boarder
I am going to struggle fixing this , as the piece that holds the barrel in is broken where it holds the pin spindle.
Something has fascinated me with the mechanism, not sure it's been mentioned on here before but I noticed very small writing on the back of the unit ,it is made by a company called Sankyo Hong Kong.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #550

Platinum Boarder
I wonder of the "cradle" that holds the drum's pin and the part of the frame around where the mounting screw is can be built up with something like JB Weld.
I never noticed the manufacturer on the base plate. That could be useful in my search for a new comb.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #551

Platinum Boarder
Tick when you mentioned wrecker you gave me an idea , I have my original one from when I was a kid , it is the musical one & has the canopy missing & painted by a me with a touch up blue from my dad's MK2 Cortina, I was going to leave it alone but may be I could make a good unit up from the two, only problem is that it was on my shelf for years & I believe I pictured it on here recently & didn't put it back so I need to find it.

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #552

Platinum Boarder
What I wanted to do as well. Get a donor model for a replacement comb but even beat up ones are pricey (on ebay)

if you have one already and don't mind opening a childhood memory, I'd think your problem is solved. The parts you pictured seems to be all you need with the music box from your childhood model which appears to be wrecked anyways (no canopy). All you have to do is find it

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #553

Platinum Boarder
I searched for the Sankyo company and found this below. Might be worth a look.
www.google.com/search?q=Sankyo&clien...imgrc=OzMXMq6kMZ-yOM

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #554

Platinum Boarder
Here is a direct link to the company and its music boxes with your type of movement.
www.nidec-sankyo.co.jp/orgel/e/audition.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: Some of my Corgi Toy's 3 months, 3 weeks ago #555

Platinum Boarder
Very interesting as I never knew about these mechanical music Corgi to van. Cheers.