Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Some of my Corgi Toy's

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 months ago #511

Platinum Boarder
Here is the actual Man from U.N.C.L.E. car!
www.imcdb.org/v013079.html

I had forgotten about that 0- thanks for the reminder!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 months ago #512

Platinum Boarder
I have never watched an episode, but that car is very very cool!

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 months ago #513

Platinum Boarder
i watched the show back in the late 60's. It was very modern for its time.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 5 months ago #514

Gold Boarder
@##509/510

Both.

The "Super Spy Car' is the kit depicting the U.N.C.L.E. car.

The other kit depicts another AMT publicity stunt and that car also existed in real life.
They supplied a body without the roof section to chassis builder Fred Smith, who built it into a functional exhibition piece using a Joe Anahory supplied blown 392 Chrysler Hemi.
Running on 95% Nitro, it did an impressive eight second run at over 180, but ultimately fell short of the 200 mph expectation.
It was a show stopper everywhere it went, though.

There also was an open topped circuit racer with the Corvair Turbo from the Monza, but AFAIK no model exists of that one.

Needless to say that a real series production of the Piranha never came to fruitition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #515

Platinum Boarder
I have had this Motorway Patrol Ford Zephyr for many years, i have had time to think & i have decided to make it into a Ute, I will show you the pictures of progress I hope it turns out all ok .

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #516

Platinum Boarder
I have removed the "Farnham Abbott" second upper chrome side trim & the rear door shuts, a lot still to be done as the primer shows all faults, I am putting a colour on this which i recently had made up & it is very MK11 Ford , lets see how I get on tomorrow.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #517

Nice project Andy. I like the fact that you use the c pillars again
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #518

Platinum Boarder
I have to do some work getting the "over filler" off the tops of those , I will work at makiing the truck bed & rear window tomorrow.
I have been looking at this model for a few days & when you study something you see ideas hence the separate cutting to keep the c pillars, i also am looking at the rear window from the estate but I think I will make something fromscreatch.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #519

Platinum Boarder
Well done Andy. Next if you can, you could vacuum form the inner tray lining to fit inside of the opening that could also include the rear window. Anyway fantastic customised outcome.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #520

Platinum Boarder
This will look great once you work out the final bugs. Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #521

Platinum Boarder
I have gone as far as I can go with this, it just needs some inner rear wheel arches to finish , I painted it in Primrose yellow a colour associated with these lovely Mk2's.

photo hosting sites

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #522

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done and it looks the part from the pictures you show. Congrats on a great model that was never done by Corgi

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #523

Platinum Boarder
<p>Andy, this is GOOD, very good! Such a great idea to 'move up' the roof part and pillars. Indeed another model Corgi could have done. I think from now on I will take you seriously.</p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Keesie.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #524

Platinum Boarder
Great idea to re-use the C-pillar. I lost count, was it the C? Great color choice too!

Some of my Corgi Toy's 2 months, 3 weeks ago #525

Platinum Boarder
When I do a conversion or a restoration , I always think of the best way to use old parts or re-cycle, this has sat on my table all week with my thoughts on what to do with it , I sat & looked at it yesterday & summed up what I could do luckily it all came to plan including the colour , which i had made up for my Spot On ERA restoration.