Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Some of my Corgi Toy's

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 1 month ago #481

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Andy for getting back so soon. That is what I thought it was but some have a lever or gear on the inside so thought I would ask. Others you just push the seat back and forth with your finger.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 1 month ago #482

That is a great find. Never seen this one before. I think the tow hook lets it down a bit, it is not too realistic in my opinion

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 1 month ago #483

Platinum Boarder
Great find Andy!

Never seen one in such good condition before lol

I'm not used to the brightness and crispness of the paint or the shiny base plate...,,and as for the box.. woooah.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #484

Platinum Boarder
I added these to my collection today, a near mint Matra Rancho, a nice condition green Marina Coupe & a Ford Classic to restore.

free photo hosting sites
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #485

Platinum Boarder
Very Nice!

I have a couple of Matchbox Rancho's somewhere, one with smashed in windows weirdly I do not know where that came from.

I see the tax disk still operational in the window, be good if you kept that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #486

Platinum Boarder
I have a Matchbox & Corgi Junior one stored away somewhere.

The tax disc & flag on n/s rear window will survive as will the number plate if I can tease it off, I am thinking of painting this car in the in the light turquoise with a white roof as I may also do the Spot on Zodiac in this colour scheme , the colour was called Caribbean Blue by Ford.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #487

Platinum Boarder
Staying with the same colours as I did the Spot On Zodiac in I have painted the Consul Classic, I managed to save the number plate as well as the tax disc & holiday flag

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #488

Platinum Boarder
I notice the interior is now red not yellow or whatever the colour in the first photo of the car.

Turned out well.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #489

Platinum Boarder
Well spotted, 123Madness.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #490

Platinum Boarder
I decided to spray it red, the yellow would have clashed with colours, I also spray the whole of the top half white where as the car normally had the roof painted to the feature on rear pillars.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #491

Platinum Boarder
It looks good with a full dressed top color. Sometimes the half roof paint job does not look good on a particular model.
It also looks like the hood or bonnet opens. What does the motor look like please? Another well done car Andy.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #492

Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #493

Platinum Boarder
<p>GunnerJim wrote:
Well spotted, 123Madness.
<br /><br />Eagle Eye I had last night!</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #494

Platinum Boarder
<p>That Consul turned out really well Andy. Color combination is well chosen. Do you have any pictures of the proces?</p>
<p>The Consul is a car to talk about. There is another Ford Consul as well, nr 200, the very first Corgi car model, which looks totally different to this one. This one hasthe addition çlassic' and it is Corgi nr 234. The hood opens  the 'wrong' way, and by pressing down the front, the axle touches the flat central spring which also opens the hood. Because of this the hood slides OVER the inner front headlights. A clever system, although Corgi had to leave some space between hood and front for this. The rear lights always seemed a 'leftover' or a 'to come' from the huge fins from the American cars from the 50s and early sixties. The most striking part is of course the rear window, placed in an angle you seldom see with cars. I only know of one other car, the Ford Anglia (used in Harry Potter) which had that.</p>
Last Edit: 1 year ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66, 143Madness

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year ago #495

Platinum Boarder
Ford in North America had a rear window that was on a backward angle just like this. 1963 Mercury Breezeway and the rear window slid up and down.

You can be forgiven for not knowing this car. I remember it as a buddy's Dad in High School drove one. It was parked at the end of our lane and I walked by it very day from about 1964 until they moved in about 1969
The following user(s) said Thank You: Corky, Andy66