Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Some of my Corgi Toy's

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #466

Platinum Boarder
<p>Andy, that Toyota and the RR are great! The Toyota seems mint, the RR in very good condition.</p>
<p>The Mini needs some explain. Ok, you got one without rear doors, which you wanted gray, and you had some extra doors and then decided to do it in blue....?</p>

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #467

Platinum Boarder
Whatever you do, make sure your repro doors are of good quality and fit properly, bought one myself with a terrible shape of door, and the metal too thin and breaks easily as well.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #468

Platinum Boarder
143 it just depends on where you get your parts as to quality.
Andy, that RR is in great shape and only a few chips here and there. I am surprised as that shows it has been well played with but the hood ornament is still there. It does look very nice, like Kees says.
I like that Blue Electroplated Toyota. It does look brand new. Nice scores on all of your latest finds.
I am curious, did you take out the cross bars in the rear door windows or were they missing? Looks to me like there are still stubs left there that show there were bars. A little more filing could be done there to smooth them out. Touch up with a brush after.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #469

Platinum Boarder
When I took these pictures last night it was getting really cloudy & for some reason the pictures came out blue! with regards the rear doors they are re-pro & as 143Madness points out some are very thin hence I could not file the imperfections off the windows as the doors would break. With regards the Toyota & Rolls I got them at at a bargain £7 each & in the condition they are in it was a great price , although it is a shame the screen is cracked on the Toyota.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #470

Platinum Boarder
This ones an old favourite of mine The Morris Marina Coupe, I have shown my mint & boxed one on here some while ago, I have had this one for years I hand painted it with a Ford Touch up pen & it took three soaks in caustic to remove paint, all painted in a near metallic red paint to original.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #471

Platinum Boarder
That looks nicely done. Did you detail the engine or was it like that originally? It is a nice touch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #472

Platinum Boarder
<p>The two Mini's look great like that Andy. Maybe some side decals will really finish them......</p>
<p>The Morris looks far better this way!</p>

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #473

Platinum Boarder
Most impressed to the standard of restoration work carried out on the toy vehicles. Having gone back three months to view what has been completed to the high degree of standard of talented work carried out on these restorations is fantastic. Cheers chaps as I still like to read and view what is happening around Planet Diecast. Cheers chaps.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #474

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks all, I did not touch the engine it is how Corgi sent it out, this model at one time used to make good monet , prices are still quite high but settled now, the dark orange one with black interior still commands a high price. With regards the Mini vans , I take your point on the side decals Keesie , however I want to keep the green one as Corgi sent it out & the grey one is how I remember them, a lot were were used by small companies , maybe one man builders/ electricians etc who never had them sign written, will take on board though & maybe my next one. I did restore my Spot On ones with the stock Telephone & Post offices decals as that how Spot On did them.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #475

Platinum Boarder
Looking great there Andy!

What is the colour you used looks quite like the Damask red on the real car.

have a few of these myself.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 3 months ago #476

Platinum Boarder
It's a Citroen metallic red , I will have to get my boxed one out & compair the colours.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 1 month ago #477

Platinum Boarder
I went to an Antiques Centre today & found this played with but boxed Renault 16, it is very presentable & has patina.I have pictured it's features including reclining seats & opening parcel shelf.

find a td bank location

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 1 month ago #478

Platinum Boarder
Nice find and probably a nice price too. Nice features on this car and that is great play value for kids. Looks in not to bad shape and coming with a box is a nice bonus. Thanks for showing.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 1 month ago #479

Platinum Boarder
I see a gear on the opposite side in the picture above that must operate the seats. Does this stick out the bottom of the car or is it through the open door that you turn it?

Some of my Corgi Toy's 1 year, 1 month ago #480

Platinum Boarder
Yes sorry Nobleco , I mean't to have these pictures with the others, a simple cog turn operates the seats.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco