Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Some of my Corgi Toy's

Some of my Corgi Toy's 7 years ago #31

Platinum Boarder
I have lost count, I collect anything from the toy car world from MIB to well played with, I have slowed down a bit  now as I can not compete with the prices.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 7 years ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Yep those prices are a killer.

I have to be patient and constantly hunt out my buys. I'm not into paying stupid money for models, but when the occasion arises and I can do so I will, its about once a year I can do that.
Last Edit: 7 years ago by dinkyjay.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 7 years ago #33

Platinum Boarder
You are right, sometimes at boot fairs you can still get a bargain I bought a box of cars a couple of years ago for £25 the seller just wanted to sell everything that morning.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #34

Expert Boarder
Corgi race day!!

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #35

fun at the races... I can't recall seeing the dragsters before. Thanks

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Love those drag cars shame they didn't include the Fiske and Sweeney superstox cars in this scale too

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #37

Expert Boarder
I landed the blue John Woolfe

dragster on ebay - The green one, which is missing the "QuaterMaster" decal was mine from my childhood days. I had to locate the twin. They keep each other company.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
I had a maroon one.

But sold it for £19.

The Capri is splendid and kept it in my collection.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #39

Expert Boarder
That looks great in maroon! I have to look for that one. Check out the price on the box! Wish they were all that price. The Capri is new in box.

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #40

Expert Boarder
So - my ebay score arrived today. $15.00 for 5 cars and 1 motorcycle. Motorcycle should arrive tomorrow. Two of the cars are made by Mercury in Italy. Dont know much about that company. Looks like their missing doors. The three Corgi's were a good score!

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
You can score in USA.
I sometimes do.
But shipping cost is often about $30...

And the higher it is the slower it comes !
A $8 charged post is here within a week. A $38 one takes two !

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
Some really nice models you got there and for me the USA is the best place for harder to find Corgi as I've got some of my most prized Corgi from the US and the juniors too with the blue backing cards from 1970-71 that are classed as rare here in the UK but not in America as that's the country they where exported too

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #43

Expert Boarder
Thanks! ebay has had some decent prices. Those were $15.00 with free shipping! I bought a decent Holmes wrecker over the weekend for $18.00. My thought was to get a few and restore them and see how they sell. Worth a try.. can always keep em!

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 11 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
Those Mercurys look in great shape.  Too bad a bout the doors and wing.  Keep a lookout for beater cars on 'epay'.  Maybe you'll get lucky and find original replacement parts! I think those are new enough the doors might have been plastic.   Mercury is a famous Italian company with a long history of 1/43 diecast cars

Some of my Corgi Toy's 6 years, 6 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
I bought this years ago at a toy fair, I thought it was a Corgi carry case until I got it home,it did not attract much interest at the toy fair so I only paid a couple of pounds for it, I have only ever seen a couple come up on E-bay.

It is actually a portable service station with underground parking, there are see through wallets on the under side of the car park for collectors cards. Cars could be kept in this as a case when finished playing with.