Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Juniors Questions

Corgi Juniors Questions 7 years, 3 months ago #1

Cam

Platinum Boarder
I have recently acquired an large number of boxes of toys and have begun the monumental task of sorting and cataloging them. I have managed (I think) to find all the Corgi Juniors so far and have run into a few anomalies with them. I hope there are some experts here that can help me sort them out.

Firstly I have a 35B airbus but it is in a metallic blue colour. the only reference I can find is in Dr. Force's book that states "said to exist in blue". I can find no pictures or references on the internet of this variation. I am assuming it is quite rare then.

I also have come across a few variations of the 44A RayGo Rascal 600 Road Roller. Both blue ones have Corgi Junior bases, but one has a brown plastic roller and the other has a light tan roller with chromed metal sides. I also found an all yellow one with much larger rear wheels and a black plastic roller. I cannot find any reference to these variations at all.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Cam

Re: Corgi Juniors Questions 7 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
They look early to mid 70s to me and a good book is available that'll tell you the dates manufactured etc

www.amazon.co.uk/Corgi-Juniors-Models-Sc...ectors/dp/0764319515

Re: Corgi Juniors Questions 7 years, 3 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hi Cam it looks like the Raygo with the chrome sides the roller is upside down?

Re: Corgi Juniors Questions 7 years, 3 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Here a link for one site I came across.

http://www.garyscars.co.uk/corgi/index.htm

http://www.toymart.com/search.php?cx=004691070598207067878:nzflnd5jiui&cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=

As for that airbus must be chuffing rare as I can find naff all on it. Are you going to post up pictures of big haul??

Re: Corgi Juniors Questions 7 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
The chinook style helicopter came in orange and military medic guises too

Re: Corgi Juniors Questions 7 years, 3 months ago #6

Cam

Platinum Boarder
I will try to find that book around here. I have the military one as well although it has broken rotor blades.

Luff, you are entirely correct, I hadn't noticed that! No sign of it having been apart so someone at the factory had an off day it seems.

I had found the Gary's Cars site, but he just has pictures and no sign of either of these oddities. I will have to keep looking I guess.

Cam

Re: Corgi Juniors Questions 7 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
That was one large van full of boxes that I saw when Cam stopped by. I think it would take about 10 or 12 pictures to show all he had. Tools too!

Re: Corgi Juniors Questions 7 years, 3 months ago #8

Cam

Platinum Boarder
Still unable to find any information on these. ANY help is appreciated.

Cam

Re: Corgi Juniors Questions 7 years, 3 months ago #9

I shall browse my books Cam
  • Page: