Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Hugh--I am anxious to see the finished result. In the meantime, here is a view of the original 2.4 litre saloon.   We had one just like this except it was painted a light powder blue.

Terry

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
You welcome Hugh, glad it worked out for you. If you look at the hub from the side that faces in (when the hub is off the axle) you will see the marks left by the crimps on the axle. I use that to align the hub on the axle again. Makes it easier to put on again.
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
HELP

The Jaguar has now been re-sprayed and the whole thing is ready to be re-assembled and secured with rivets. I checked the old tyres and they were 15mm so I tried some different tyres from my Dinky stock, treaded and plain, in order to add a little extra to the car as I felt the Corgi tyres lacked lustre.

I didn't notice immediately but eventually spotted that the Dinky tyres were loose on the Corgi hubs.

Have I got duff tyres in my stock; is the Corgi hub I.D smaller than its Dinky counterpart; or will I have to use Corgi tyres.

ps: many thanks to those who have posted shots of the real thing it will really help when I get to painting the lights and chrome work, anyone got a shot of the back end.

Hugh

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #34

Here's a nice picture of it in police guise...How many of the other vehicles do you recognise?

And from the back

Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by Dublin6.

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
1st pic, from back to front, 2x Land Rovers, Austin Truck, Morris Minor Van, ca1961 btw, Mk2 Jaguar.

2nd pic is a Mk1 jag
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Do I need to detail the differences between the Mk1 and Mk2???

Rear lights are smaller, rear window is smaller. MK1 is a smaller yet just as bulky as the Mk10.

Mk2 has more chrome. Windscreen and rear window are bigger.
Mk2 not as bulky.

bigger rear lights
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
That last picture of the Mk 1 is a 3.4 liter sedan, not the 2.4....the rear fender skirts on the 3.4 were the open type, whereas the 2.4 had the fully enclosed versions........The 2.4 also had the narrow front grill...the 3.4 was also wider as shown.

Terry
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by dinkyfan.

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
exactly

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
It's finished and advice was taken from fellow posters so the Jag was sprayed red.

My tyre stock consists only of Dinky 15mm 17mm etc., the 15mm when fitted to the Corgi hub were loose, the treaded more so than the plain, so I re-fitted the original tyres that came with the model. The windows cleaned up very well except for a small mark on the windscreen so I was able to restore this model without replacing anything and using consumables from my stock.

With the advancing years I am finding it increasingly more difficult to hand paint the finer detail (chrome work) especially on the smaller models and I'm afraid that this shows here!!

Anyway here are a couple of shots.

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
Looks great Hugh. The red really suits this model, one model I overlook but may be tempted by this one.

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #41

I am impressed with the result, the Jag looks superb, thanks Hugh

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
Hugh--Nice work on the Jag, and I think red suits it very well.  A nice restoration on an older Corgi, and you should be quite proud of it!

Terry

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 10 years, 7 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
Hugh,                            EXCELLENT !!!   Well done

"IT LOOKS FACTORY TO ME"

dinkyboy
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by DINKYBOY.

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 9 years, 8 months ago #44

Fresh Boarder
Glad I came across this post. On a whim I bought 2.4 & Mk10 Corgis at a boot market and have also decided to attempt a restoration. This photo is of the base of the 2.4 and there is no interior fitted. Is it an older model?

Re: Corgi - Jaguar 2.4 Litre 9 years, 8 months ago #45

Fresh Boarder
Another pic. I see the wheels are different as well

Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by ammaj.