Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Was it ever changed?

Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Here is the leaflet that was supplied with 2nd wave 261 James Bond DB5 and the larger gift sets and also the second All Winners gift set and wondered if it ever got amended with newer models when they where released?

Last Edit: 7 years, 7 months ago by michael77.

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #2

Interesting question, but I don't know Michael

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Before my time

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Before my time too... The reason I ask is because I've been offered a gift set that is too good to be true and its got the leaflet with different models illustrated my gut feeling is that it is a fake and a damn good one at that...

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Show us your gift and then we perhaps be able to say if it's an original or not.

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Haven't bought it and have no intention too either...

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Ok. Never buy if you've got a doubt.

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
There's about four different variants of this gift set, that I know of. Just colours of the models changed I think.

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
It's not the all winners set but a crimebusters set but instead of it being the husky/juniors version its got the regular sized models of 261 Bond Aston 268 Black Beauty (first version with spun hubs) 497 Thushbuster in blue and 258 saints car with red decal and the fella selling said it was a planned set that never got released and it looked brand spanking new no cracks in the cello the flaps on the box where still tight etc the artwork on the box was spot on and from the correct period using stock artwork from the original boxes but I'm not shelling out a lot and I'm talking serious money on a fake...

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #10

That's the best thing to do Michael before you part with your money.

If you have doubts, don't buy it
Last Edit: 7 years, 7 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
never heard of it myself, can he send you a pic to show us.

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Yes I'd like to see this too. It is not listed in any of my books and I'm pretty sure it would have made the great book of Corgi right?

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
No pics and the reason it didn't make the great book or any others is because its a product of somebody's imagination

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Ah I see, did not realise, it was the regular 1/43 models. Now that would be some great gift set, and I would have one, maybe someone out there can make a code 3 box, you have all the models to fill it.

Re: Was it ever changed? 7 years, 7 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
It's getting decent images to do the box the one I saw had a styrene base with the models sat in the individual bays just like the all winners set with a large late 60s style box just like the aforementioned all winners set and on the back was just writing in 4 different languages it looked the part but was clearly a very clever fake
  • Page: