Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #16

Platinum Boarder
My article is written, and now my friend Geo will have to correct it. Great job to do so much is my English poor.

Pictures are ready.

If you have some story to tell about this one (or the Mobile Canteen #471), I would be happy to add your words about one of this toys.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #17

Platinum Boarder
This is one fine Corgi and a great score. I have always liked this casting its very well done.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #18

Platinum Boarder
The page is ready and you can read it clicking the picture.

As usual, feel free to tell me what's wrong or could be more detailed.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #19

Excellent article and a pleasure to read... I did enjoy that and the movement in some of the photo's makes it come alive...

Top class work..

Thanks Niall

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Excellent write up there Corky, you did a good job of discribing the toys. Thanks for the acknowledement on the photos I sent you. That is great.

I enjoyed the read, very much

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks Niall and Jim !

That's a great reward for me to hear that you spent a good time.

The next article will be about very, very different model car...

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #22

What a nice story, and I couldn't find any mistakes in the texts, so well done Corky

thanks a lot for sharing this story with us

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #23

Platinum Boarder
A very nice article Corky. And the English is a lot better than that used by some of us who are born to it!  

Dave.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #24

Platinum Boarder
I have updated the page, because, shame on me, I forgot to thank Goerge for his great and kind work.

Geo is a friend of mine that collect and do some nice Rolls-Royce. I'd really like him to present his lovely cars.

So I now try to write all my new pages in English. It's easier then to translate them into French.
But my english is not as good as you could imagine (just read what I wrote in various topics...). So George does is best to understand me and turn my sentences into real English.

Once again, thanks to George !

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Cheers for the mention and a good read!

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Corky, I can help you out a bit if you type English. I will correct below for you so you can see what I mean.

Corky wrote:
I have updated the page, because, shame on me, I forgot to thank Goerge for his great and kind work.

Corky wrote:
No Change needed above.

Geo is a friend of mine that collect and do some nice Rolls-Royce. I'd really like him to present his lovely cars.

Corky wrote:
Geo is a friend of mine who collects and does (or did you mean he owns so "Has") some nice Rolls-Royce. I really enjoy it when he presents his lovely cars.

So I now try to write all my new pages in English. It's easier then to translate them into French.
But my english is not as good as you could imagine (just read what I wrote in various topics...). So George does is best to understand me and turn my sentences into real English.

Once again, thanks to George !

All the rest is just fine. You are better than you think. Hope you don't mind my meddeling.
Last Edit: 11 years ago by Nobleco.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #27

Platinum Boarder
I don't mind. On the contrary it helps me to write better. Many thanks.

The thing I wanted to say about Geo is that he's certainly a bit shy, and that I'd really like that he would present some of the RR he created.from common model cars.

I knew that I must have used "who" speaking about a man and not "that", but it was late, and I just have swimmed about 4.000 m before... A little bit tired I was

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 11 years ago #28

Platinum Boarder
You had just swum 4 kilometres??  Wow, corky, I wish I had even a fraction of your stamina!  

Oh and BTW, your second sentence relating to George was perfectly correct.  

Dave.
Last Edit: 11 years ago by DaveF.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 10 years, 7 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
Hello Corky

Nice article and beautifull models ! Is the shop motorized ( because of the bump on the chassis ) ?

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 10 years, 7 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Corky,                  I have been reading your stuff and looking at your presentations for a looooooooooong time.  Never knew there to be an issue with your english.     What is the issue....?

Continue on, U  R doing great!

dinkyboy
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by DINKYBOY.