Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407

Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I fell in love with this model.

But wanted not to spend much money for it. So I bought a very good to ecellent model.

What a surprise recieving it.  It's very, very near mint, and its box is simply splendid.

Very nice toy launched ten years before I was born. Only 207.000 copies that is quite few for Corgi-Toys.

The first pictures I took a few hours ago.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #2

Great find Corky, I really like this one

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
A another nice suprise, the spots we can see on rear view are now away, after I had cleaned it.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Really nice model and I bet you didn't know that Quaker the makers of Sugar puffs took a cut of the profits and got free advertising too!

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thank you very much.

I didn't know that, but I will remember it writing a few words when it will be its "model of the  day" turn.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Interesting on the sales pitch. Look forward to your photos when the Bantam arrives there Corky.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
No wonder you fell in love with it, nice thing

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
Interesting on the sales pitch. Look forward to your photos when the Bantam arrives there Corky.

I didn't want to write a entire (even short) article but just one or two hundred words as I do almost every day with one of my collection's item.

But now, you gave me an idea. It will give a short article then. With pictures I just took half an hour ago. About 15 pictures showing two models that will be compared one to the other.

To be on line soon (i.e within the next six months...)
Last Edit: 7 years, 9 months ago by Corky.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Don't know if you remember me restoring one of these a while ago but what I found out about the inside is that it is tin and lithographed. Mine was in very nice condition. You can see the resto here.
www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...=120&Itemid=2455

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I didn't remember that !

Great ! Would you mind me using one or two of your picture to illustrate the article I will write ?

Fool I am, having believed that decoration was printed card !!! lol

Very interesting.

I think I have to read again all your topics about restoration.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
contact me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and I can send you the full pictures. By all means you can use mine in your article. Yes the interior is Tin and I have a few angles of it too, inside (while still in the truck and outside after removing.

Note: I believe the replacements that are offered are indeed printed card.
Last Edit: 7 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I easily can imagine that. But entering the toy seems to be difficult except through windows. So I wonder the decoration must almost always mint...

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Dirt dust and water (moisture) can also get in through the wheel wells and up into the rest of the truck. My interior had a few spots on the top of it where it was riveted to the roof of the body. Rest looked good and cleaned up nicely

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Photos have been sent, Corky, let me know if you can open the Zip file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Corky

Re: Smith's Karrier Bantam mobile shop #407 7 years, 9 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Perfect Jim !

That's cool.

Patience now...