Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 6 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
You can buy one on ebay. Item number is 231462703625.

I think the seller is totaly dreaming.

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 6 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Corky wrote:
You can buy one on ebay. Item number is 231462703625.

I think the seller is totaly dreaming.

Mine cost a lot less and is in much better condition and the seller needs to wake up as £195 is a plain and simple rip off price

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 6 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Thank you all for the input.

I have gone ahead and ordered the Dinky Toys by Edward Force (7th edition) from Amazon. Brand new and $20 CDN including postage. I think that is a very fair price for a good pictorial reference. I will then hold off and save for a copy of Dinky Toys and Modelled Miniatures by Mike Richardson

As for that ridiculous Corgi Book price, there are sooooo many ebay sellers who dont check to see typical selling prices of similar products they are trying to sell.

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 6 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
People don't realize that the Great Book Of Corgi had a second print run that did not come in a box with the bus but was shrink wrapped with the pocket book that where sold through Ian Allen book shops here in the UK and there was a further printing in 2001 that didn't have a dust jacket as the cover images where printed directly onto the covers
Last Edit: 5 years, 6 months ago by michael77.

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 6 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Mine has a big Gold Corgi Dog on an all read Book binding. It was printed in 1989 so a First Edition. Very well used and falling apart now. Binding off the pages but almost all pages are in one big lump. Just parts of the index at the back has come apart.
Well worth the $75 I paid Canadian for it and I sure have got my money's worth out of it so far and expect to for years to come. Thank you Marcel Van Cleemput. May you rest in Corgi Heaven

Re: Comparing The Great Book of Corgi Volume 1 versus Volume 2 5 years, 6 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
I paid 75 quid for mine and I got the original mailing box with it as mine is 237 as it says it on both the limited edition label and on the mailing box next to the address who originally owned it!