1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!?

1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #1

bex

Fresh Boarder
hi peeps! im just wondering if anybody can help me find out some info on a corgi car set from my tomboy childhood!
its a bronze colour set with a cream roof on car with roof rack & spare wheel on bonnet, the horse box & car have \'pony club\' decals on sides & the underneath sais \'rices of leisestershire\' on.
iv been searching for info for the last 2 days and coming up with everything but!
any info would be really appreciated.
thankyou

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
This is fun.
Corgi Gift Set #2
Land Rover with Rice\'s Pony Trailer
Withdrawn: 1968
Sold: 794,000
From 1962, LR and Pony Trailer in Fawn and Beige
I have little information as the Great Book of Corgi has been misprinted and has info on the 211 and 211M Studebakers. It had a box for the set. The Landy  was Grass Green with a Tan Canopy. The Trailer was originaly Red with Double Rear Wheels, chrome. It also had a Brown Horse, a Ramp and wire draw bar . All these parts can be got.  I have the Fawn and Beige Trailer and a Land Rover in parts that needs a new window A pillar. I will be fixing that and painting it. Whizz Wheels so it is also a newer version. the early version came with Spun hubs and rubber tires, not all one piece plastic Whizz Wheels. I believe this was a Nirobi Safari Landy. It has the spare tire so is the same casting. I was planing on restoring them and selling them on eBay so if you are interested I can put up a picture of the set from the Corgi Book.
Hope this helps you out.
Jim

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #3

bex

Fresh Boarder
thanks for the info Jim...if i can re-size picture i will sent it onto page, but not very good with comp stuff so might take a while!
the tyres i have are what i now know are the whizz wheels, the problem starts when trying to find the same horse box as other horse boxes are different ...it has the back door hinged, but where others also have a front side flap mine doesnt!
... im gonna try & get picture resized so you can look now...
thanks for response

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #4

bex

Fresh Boarder
see profile pic!.. not very big, but can email to anyone who wants a better look and of the underneath.

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I have copied your picture and will now post it for you here. Hope it comes out bigger. This is also a different Land Rover than what came with the Horse Trailer.  The trailer looks different from mine too. Mine is more square and has no venting up front like yours.  Are you sure these are Corgi toys?
Landy_and_Rice__s_Pony_Trailer.jpg

Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #6

bex

Fresh Boarder
thanks for that Jim, im as sure as i can be...not being an expert on car,s. the underneath of the trailer states it is corgi along with the \'rice of leicestershire\' motif and \'beaufort double horse-box\' imbedded on the bottom. bit of a mystery really...wish i could remember what the box was like, but just wanted to play with it as a kid!...in hindsight hey!

ps the decals on the trailer state \'corgi pony club\'
100_1028.JPG
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by bex.

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
With this info I have found your Landy and Trailer.
Gift Set 47
Pony Club Land Rover and Horsebox
Issued in 1978 and withdrawn in 1980
Scale: 1:36
Sold - 107,000
The Land Rover was fitted with the roof rack and steps as first seen on the 421 Land Rover. The models were painted in a Tan colour, with a White roof on the Land Rover. \"CORGI Pony Club\' labels were affixed to the sides of the horse box.  The pony logo was on the doors of the Land Rover.  A pony with girl rider was also included.
Again, mostly quoted from the Great Book of Corgi.

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #8

bex

Fresh Boarder
you really are a fountain of knowledge!! thankyou so much for youre help... you might get bored of hearing from me as i have a box full of cars i want to research before i sell off!!! do you know if this would be worth anything in its played with/boxless state?

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I think it depends on a number of factors. I don\'t have a pricing guide for Corgi and don\'t have that many in my collection. Depending on where you sell it, eBay or Auction House or??? you will get different people seeing it. I would do some research on eBay for the toys you have. Just type it in the search box, check title and description box and then search. Check prices against condition of model. You can also then do a search for the same item but in ended auctions for the last 90 days. On the left of the page you will find that check box. Just check it and hit enter and you have all ended auctions of that item for the last 90 days so you can see what they are selling for. Gives you an idea at least as to their value. It mainly depends on who is there at where ever they are being sold and how badly the want that particular model. I have sold the same model, same condition, two weeks apart and got over double the price the second time so you just can never tell.

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
got something similar, but mine is roadworks

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #11

bex

Fresh Boarder
thankyou for that...will look in a mo, i know what you mean about things selling better some weeks than others as iv got some soldiers up for bidding at the mo after seeing them shift for good money last weeek- i think everyones gone on holiday this week!!!

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Ya, holidays. Soon it is back to school so everyone will be concentrating on getting their kids ready for that. It will start to pick up again about Mid September. Unless you have regular bidders (and I have a few for my toys) it is not worth listing sales at this time. I do have a few up and will put a few more up this weekend but I also put a reserve on them. They do cost me something to produce from a wreck so I like to at least recover my expenses.

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #13

bex

Fresh Boarder
soooo no luck on my soldiers selling/sold on ebay, the first lot(britains selection) went for pitance and more annoying than that was it was an italian bidder when i made it quite clear i was only dealing with uk!!!arghhh! im hoping theres some last min bidding gonna happen with my others?!? i think im gonna take youre advice and wait til september - thanks...yet again!

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
What is your eBay user name and when do they end. I may be interested.
You must have said you sold world wide or he jumped onto UK eBay. State in your ad you only sell to the UK and will ignore (you can remove bidders in you blocked bidders list) bids from other countries unless appoved by you prior to bidding. You can contact Live chat on ebay too. They will help you real time.

Re:1970\'s land rover 109wb & horse box....rare?!? 11 years, 3 months ago #15

bex

Fresh Boarder
I did put only posting within uk on my ad...i didnt realise until 6mins from end that he was un-uk & told him to withdraw his offer, but I didnt know or have time to do anything else as iv never sold anything for posting before i was a bit flustered!....what a first experience hey! iv let him know he wont be getting the goods & just about to let ebay know as he broke the rules. dont want to get anyone in trouble, but i did make clear in my ad.
i will be re-listing, but not sure weather to leave until sept after youre advice yesterday. its for an assortment of britain soldiers, i will let you and the rest of guys on here know when i re-list.
  • Page: