Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi 267 Batmobile

Corgi 267 Batmobile 11 years, 4 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
I am wondering if any one has had any luck making their own front screen for the 267 Batmobile. (Yes I know you can buy replacment ones or pull other toys apart to make them fit). I have had some success cutting them out of plastic cool drink bottles. One advantage is that you dont have to pull the car apart.

It would be interesting to know if you could mold your own screens (cost effectively)? Regards Wilson

Re:Corgi 267 Batmobile 11 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hello Wilson and welcome to the site. I see you are into the Corgi Batmobile. Great Model and the complete transparent blue or clear screen for this model is readily available. Not cheap and the base has to come off to replace it. 
I was going to move this thread over to here but someone else beat me to it. LOL
Jim

Re:Corgi 267 Batmobile 11 years, 4 months ago #3

I wonder if the canopy maker that the model plane guys use would work? It\'s a clear plastic sheet that is heat formed over a mold. I\'ve never used it myself, so can\'t really tell you more about it.

Re:Corgi 267 Batmobile 11 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
It probably would work, you just have to make a mold, I would think. There are plans on the net for making your own vacuforming machine. I have them here somewhere.
Jim

Re:Corgi 267 Batmobile 11 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
tell you which one is difficult to replace... the Husky Batmobile windscreen

Re:Corgi 267 Batmobile 11 years, 4 months ago #6

Expert Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
tell you which one is difficult to replace... the Husky Batmobile windscreen

Just about every Husky Batmobile I have seen has had either chunks missing from the screens or beheaded Dynamic Duos
Having seen so many of both scales over the years I am now used to displaying cars with damaged screens and regard them as just a normal feature of crimefighting in the toybox and on the playroom floor.I have one very good 267 which just misses Robin and the whole 1/4 screen in front of his seat (and the aerial) - I like this particular car and find it more charming than any restoration could be,and it has covered more miles on my desktop than the near mint pair I own.
I would say to any collector contemplating spending £10 and hours changing screens ,that a playworn Batmobile carries charming and honourable crimefighting scars and that it is worth enjoying as it is, until a decent cheap undamaged original comes along for about £10, which because they made over 7 million, will happen sooner rather than later......... 
  • Page: