Corgi classics 1/50 trucks.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Corgi Toys Group Forum: From the Mettoy Era to the latest Corgi Vanguards, here's the place to talk about all those great models named after the Queen's favourite dog!

TOPIC: Corgi classics 1/50 trucks.

Re: Corgi classics 1/50 trucks. 5 years, 11 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Pat Collins ERF with 8 dodgem cars.

Re: Corgi classics 1/50 trucks. 5 years, 11 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Carters Steam Fair Morris Minor

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Corgi classics 1/50 trucks. 5 years, 11 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
I see you call them Dodgem Cars. Here in Canada and probably the USA too, they are called Bumper cars and ran off current coming from the overhead metal ceiling through the car and out the bottom to the metal floor to complete the power curcuit. This brings back fond memories of going to the PNE in Vancouver, BC Canada (Pacific National Exhibition) as a kid and riding them over and over again. Great fun.

Re: Corgi classics 1/50 trucks. 5 years, 11 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Yep Dodgem cars here in Australia too.

Re: Corgi classics 1/50 trucks. 5 years, 11 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
In Denmark it's radiobiler... that's "radio cars" - no idea why, maybe because of the antennas?

Re: Corgi classics 1/50 trucks. 5 years, 11 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
I see you call them Dodgem Cars. Here in Canada and probably the USA too, they are called Bumper cars and ran off current coming from the overhead metal ceiling through the car and out the bottom to the metal floor to complete the power curcuit. This brings back fond memories of going to the PNE in Vancouver, BC Canada (Pacific National Exhibition) as a kid and riding them over and over again. Great fun.

I always thought Dodgem Cars was the American name for them. Back home in the UK when I was a kid they were always Bumper cars.

Dave

Re: Corgi classics 1/50 trucks. 5 years, 11 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
I have always known them as Dodgem Cars but I was only going by the description on the box.